Chapter 11: Uncertainty & Suspicions

Half an hour later, the two men stood outside the restaurant inhaling some fresh air. It had been a magnificent dinner, and none of them regretted it.

"We should do this again" said Mew putting his hands on his pockets. The night was slowly turning cooler as cold breeze penetrated into the pores of their skin.

"Next time, I'll pay" Gulf offered running his fingers through his hair with both of his hands and asked, "Do you have a favorite place to go?", scratching the back of his neck as they stood watching more people rush into the restaurant.

Taking his car key out of his pocket, Mew smirked at the younger man and asked good-humorlessly, "Are you planning to pay me back for tonight?"

"Relax, I know how to be grateful. It's just I should know where my lover wants to go" jested Gulf while making their way to the car.

"Well, if you're serious about taking me out, try to surprise me. I'm a simple man. It is easy to please me".

"Just don't be flabbergasted when that happens" confidently Gulf responded making the elder man snigger.

"You really won't loss at any cost, will you?"

"The fact that I don't loss easily is my only charm."

"Keep improving that charm because it will take more than what you have to make me yours" responded Mew grinning at the younger man who continuously laughed along with him.

At about eight, Mew decided to drop Gulf home. The night was darker than usual because of the moonless sky and the light traffic, allowing the two men to exchange smooth conversations. However, despite the serene atmosphere, Gulf could not stop doubting his relationship with Mew. The closer he got with Mew; it became more apparent that he did not share any close brotherhood with the rest of the boys. This behavior of him made him wonder whether the emotions he had been feeling were justified or that he was shrugging off the truth.

Suddenly, the ringing of his phone intervened his deep thoughts. It was Mark calling for the third time and knowing that he was not someone who would call unnecessarily, he picked the call anxiously.

Noticing the perseverance in Gulf's voice as he talked on the phone, Mew became concerned. "Is something wrong?" asked he making a right turn that lead to an elite neighborhood.

"I hope not. I think he just misses me. It had been one whole week since we met" answered Gulf looking outside his window, "He'll be around here...can you stop right there at the gate? That's my condo" pointing to a white fenced gate, Gulf said and the light from the vehicle directly flashed on a round headed boy, "There he is".

In less than a minute, Mew parked the car right in front of the round-headed boy who was standing in front of the white gate and watched Gulf quickly unfasten his seat belt, eager to dash out of the car.

"Slow down, Gulf, what's the rush?" playfully Mew asked amused at Gulf's frantic behavior.

"Oh," Gulf sighed, "It's just he'd been waiting for a while. I don't want to annoy him. He has quite a temper too... Why don't you say hi to him?"

After a brief thought, Mew got out of the car along with Gulf and greeted the round headed young man who looked as young as Gulf but much shorter in height. It was amazing how Gulf's tall height sometimes made him forget that the man was still a kid.

The round-headed man who was called Mark, did not show much enthusiasm upon meeting him but cheerfully greeted him as if they have been friends for years. And it made Mew realize how unpopular he was to some.

Few months ago, he thought he was the celebrity under scrutiny by both media and public where everyone wanted to pick faults on him and sell it on tabloids. He remembered how his friends and people he knew would show concern on his issues and objectify him like he was in a circus. But with Gulf, things felt different. The young man seemed less interested in his past nor did he struggled trying to adjust or impress him. For some reasons, with Gulf, he felt safe and normal.