Chapter 7: The Panic Room

The next day, in the workshop, as Gulf waited anxiously for Mew, who was running late for an hour now; he realized how attached he had become with the elder man.

He was nervous and curious for Mew and wanted to inquire his whereabouts but he refrained himself because he did not want to appear himself clingy and disrespectful. Mew was a professional and if he was late, Gulf was certain, he must have a reason. However, deep down he noticed how the workshop felt empty and incomplete without Mew by his side.

Perhaps, the rest of the cast did not notice Mew's absence much, but Gulf significantly felt it. There was no one hugging and touching him or even paying attention to his existence. Everyone was loud, cheerful and talkative unlike him. The best Gulf could do was sit, listen and laugh whenever someone said something funny or practice his lines with other characters, mostly with Mild.

Mild was playing the role of his best friend; however, Gulf struggled to find a harmonious connection with him in reality. He did not mind Mild, but his outgoing nature overwhelmed him. Sometimes, he felt out of place as he could notice that he was still undermined by most of the cast due to his novelty. In addition to it, he, being withdrawn and reclusive in personality did not aid in progressing his relationship with the rest of the cast.

Originally, he thought, it would be more uncomfortable with Mew but Mew superseded his expectations. Not only Mew was gentle, caring and humble but Mew gave all his attention while babying him and making him feel like the only person in the room. And such attention gave Gulf courage.

Oddly, Mew made him feel safe, protected and cherished.

As Gulf sat listening to their acting coach, he finally saw Mew walk into the workshop room wearing a black tee and a blue jean. His heart leapt with joy on seeing him. But what made Gulf thrilled even more was, when Mew directly sat beside him and tapped on his knees as if he meant to say, "I'm here".

Gulf smiled with contentment. No one has ever treated Gulf like that; not even his past girlfriends nor his parents. Mew treated him like a priority.

When the acting coach finally completed sharing some guidelines on how to display emotions of anger, jealousy and happiness on screen, Gulf looked at the man he had yearned for the entire morning and whispered, "Why were you late?"

"University called" the elder man naturally whispered back and added, "Were you worried?"

"I was happy until you came" answered Gulf with a smirk.

"You're a terrible liar...you could have called and ask if you were worried"

"I didn't want to waste my balance on you".

"It could have saved your worry though" Mew cooed liking the playful exchange of words with the younger man. The drooling between them was something only the two of them could relate with and it proved their compatibility and their strong attachment.

Later, Director Tee joined them along with their producer, Mame. While the rest of the boys went to another room to start performing in front of the camera, Mew and Gulf were asked to stay back.

"How are things progressing between you two?" asked Director Tee as the four of them sat round a table.

Mew and Gulf looked at each other and laughed in unison before answering, "It's getting easier" while Gulf nodded in agreement.

"Actually, we have a promotional event on Monday that is why we want to start shooting a few scenes from tomorrow." Said Mame

"I think both Gulf and I are confident being in the character but NC scenes are something we haven't worked on it yet".