Chapter 13: Sports Day

The sports day arrived with people wearing blue and red tee shirts along with black pants and shorts. It was a huge gathering in a massive theater-like hall. Screaming swarms of fans filled up the hall and the screams heightened, each time familiar faces of those popular actors walked in through the main door way as multi-colored banners were hoisted welcoming them.

"Mew, Gulf, we are next" Mild who was behind them said getting the information from the people calling out the couples basing on the series that each had acted or were on progress.

"Ready?" asked Mew looking at a nervous Gulf who looked overwhelmed by the massive number of fans that had gathered. For Mew, such gatherings were normal for he had been introducing himself for years in front of such screaming fans but same cannot be said for Gulf.

No matter how composed and professional, the younger man had carried himself starting from the day he auditioned, events like today put pressure on everyone; especially a novice. It is about making that first impression and allowing people to judge on your appearance. Mew had always known and noticed that Gulf was a good-looking man and never doubted his attractive features. However, the demands of the entertaining world, especially young audience, necessitated certain traits and pattern to become their favorite people.

The mutual chain has always been indestructible; first bless the fans, allow the fans to fall in love and then live life the way fans wants because that was one way to stay relevant in the industry. It was no denial that becoming famous came with compromising and sacrificing half of oneself; sometimes even more than half. And, Mew know how difficult it is to be honest and still have a successful career.

This was why he had put his education above everything; he was unsure how far he can sacrifice his personal life for a career. It was simply his passion for art that had brought him back to the surface once again.

"If you're nervous, just smile like you always do. Your smile is attractive enough. I'll do the talking". Mew suggested putting his arms around Gulf's shoulder and embraced him.

"I am confident you will protect me" said Gulf sincerely and that amount of trust was enough for Mew to attentively assist the younger man.

Once they hit the stage and introduced themselves, as expected, they were greeted with lots of positive vibes from the gathered fans. It was heart-warming for Mew to realize, most of his fans never turned their back at him.

A couple of light-heated conversations were exchanged in between them and the hosts with Gulf once again, catching him off-guard with his witty responses. He was slowly getting used to Gulf's adorable clueless moment and how he brightened up everything with that innocent smile. There was often a rare thought that clung in his inner feelings that; he was always at ease and comfortable with Gulf.

The more Mew compared Gulf with his past co-workers, the more Mew realized how Gulf was someone who loved giving as much as he receives. The younger man has already given his trust to him and had proven to him that he cared about his feelings otherwise, he wouldn't have apologized the other day for hurting his sentiments. Gulf was tender and pure at heart and hence, Mew realized he had been feeling secure with the younger man all along.

With appreciation, he glanced at Gulf, who was watching the inaugural service held at the center of the stage attentively. They were sitting under the banner, 'blue house' and Mew could notice how much the blue color tee-shirt helped in sparkling his bright eyes more. Could there be more to this boy?; Mew thought taking his eyes off of the boy as Mild, who was beside him, tapped him on his shoulder.

"Mew, look, who we got there" said Mild, gesturing to the direction of the 'red house' about a meter away from them. Confusingly, Mew glanced at their opponents and saw a group of familiar faces from the industry: some were his co-workers, while some were his friends. But what he saw next, absolutely crashed him. The familiar face of the round-eyed boy, all smiling, still as thin, slim and fragile like he used to be; was happily cheering for the performers on the stage along with another familiar face, who was the round-eyed boy best friend.