Chapter 12: Acceptance

Gulf freaked out when he didn't hear the sound of his alarm but instead the aroma of omelets and melted butter tempered his nose. Mark, he remembered, realizing the man was no longer lying beside him.

He didn't want to wake up or leave the room; how awkward it would be to see Mew again, he cringed. For all he knew, he had been bothered by a man emotionally and mentally all night long. Not a minute later, after being in deep thought, Gulf decided he had to let go. The more he thought about it, the worse it turned.

Thus, with his heavy heart and head, grabbed his towel, took a deep breathe, still contemplating on how to behave with Mew normally and walked into the bathroom. Calm down, Gulf, He doesn't know yet, he comforted himself.

Before he stepped into the kitchen after washing up, he checked the clock: 9:30 it said. He seemed to have woken up thirty minutes later at the beep of alarm. I still have an hour left for workshop, he thought out loud and stepped out.

Looking left and right, he entered the kitchen adjacent to his sleeping room and saw Mark standing by the stove, still with his messy hair, smearing butter on a slice of bread. It was a good thing that every once in a week, Vily, his house keeper, comes and cleans the house. Otherwise, Mark would have never prepared the breakfast; he was someone who would never walk into a dusty kitchen, simply, because he hated cleaning.

"You woke up early" said he joining his best friend, "You could have wake me up".

" I was hungry. Also, you looked exhausted and seemed to be resting well so I didn't wake you." Mark replied

"I was indeed tired" grabbing the milk from the refrigerator, Gulf poured it into two glasses and set it on the glass table behind them.

Turning off the stove flame Mark asked, "Will you be free tomorrow night?" to which Gulf shrugged showing his uncertainty. "Well, if you get off early, August is taking us out to our usual. You might want to drop in. " passing the egg and the sandwich to Gulf who was arranging the food in the table, Mark continued.

"The 'usual' huh? Is it his birthday? " asked Gulf knowing 'their usual' meant it was the pub near their university where he along with his classmates always hangs out every time there was a birthday party or something to celebrate about.

"Hmm. Try to make it; the boys will love it".

"I do want to see them as well. I just hope I don't get to see James and Sally".

" I thought you were over her"

"I am. It's still awkward knowing almost everyone knew about us and truth be told, I did like her a lot."

"I'm still going to say, she had every reason to leave you"

"Right, what a best friend I have. You know that I've been busy, especially the last three months...I'm not mad that we broke up, it's just she moved on really quick while I am here questioning my sexuality for fuck sake" Gulf said frustrated

"Oh, speaking of which, did you find out anything? "

"About?"

"Well...you know who". Mark hesitated taking the milk glass to his mouth.

"I don't know, internet is basically not the right place to get genuine information but I did find out that he had a thing with his past co-star, Arkie. But it's kinda complicated. There's no proof as to what happened; just some baseless rumors but it appeared serious". Finishing off his breakfast, Gulf explained slightly getting annoyed.

"So, is he gay?"

"I'm not sure. I don't even know whether I like him like that or it's just a crazy phase. All I know is I am bothered by him in a weird way". Gulf sighed in frustration rubbing his face.