~•🌿Chapter 8🌿•~

"Mommy watch this!" You heard the voice of HollyKit, she looked at her brother and leaped at him, his amber eyes wide in shock, "gotcha!"

"Ow, hey what was that for?" LarkKit pouted, you purred in amusement to see your kits playing.

"Just wanted to impress mom." The black tabby mewed, LarkKit shook His sister off.

"Come on you too, it's time you were groomed," you called, your kits clumsily padded over to you, LarkKit tried shaking the dirt out of his fur.

The small Tom laid in between your paws as you started to groom him, once you cleaned him it was his sister's turn.

"Hey mom?" HollyKit mewed.

You stopped grooming her and looked into her green eyes, "what is it dear?"

"Can we go outside of camp?" She asked, you gave her a surprised look her brother also raised his ears.

"Yeah! I want to see what it's like out there." LarkKit mewed in excitement.

"No!"  BrokenTail meowed as he padded up to you, sat at the entrance of the nursery. He looked down at his kits with a stern glare, "you will only go out there when your apprenticed."

"Y-yes father," they both said unison, you slowly closed your eyes for a moment and sighed, once you opened them again, you turned to your kits.

"Your father's right, their will be a time that you will explore the territory, fight for the clan and be brave skilful warriors, just like your father."

BrokenTail licked your ear and laid on his side next to you, your pelts touching. You licked his cheek affectionately, "let's get some prey before we go to sleep."

BrokenTail stud up going to get some fresh-kill however you place a paw on his tail stopping him, "why don't I get the prey? You've been busy and you need a break."

Your mate shook his head, "well you've been busy will your kits."

"But I-,"

"No, I'll get the prey you stay here." BrokenTail mewed, he licked your cheek before going over to the fresh-kill pile.

You sighed to yourself, after a few seconds, BrokenTail came back with Three Frogs, he gave one to each of your kits and one for you and him to share.

HollyKit and LarkKit dug into their frogs and finished them quickly, "you dears get some sleep, ok?" You mewed, taking a small bite of the frog. They nodded and snuggled up in their nests, you turned back to BrokenTail, "that question they asked got me shaking."

Your mate took a bite of the frog, "it's because of MudClaw, isn't it?" You slowly nodded.

"What if he hurts them if they went out of camp? W-would he injure them o-or or.." BrokenTail curled his tail around your body and placed a paw over you.

"Shhh, don't worry I'm sure they will be safe with us." BrokenTail mewed soothingly, "now how about you go and rest?" You smiled warmly and gave a small nod, The dark tabby gave a smile back, stud up and left the nursery for the warriors den.

~•TimeSkip•~

It was still in the middle of the night when you woke up, you hugged and decided to go on a walk, as you were walking up to the entrance of the camp, you looked into the warriors den, seeing BrokenTail. However, you decided not to wake him up, and go on a walk alone.

As you were slowly padding around the territory, you heard something behind you, quickly you turned around and saw a tabby leap at you, they pinned you to the ground, your eyes glanced up to see none other than MudClaw.