~•🌿Chapter 9🌿•~

"What happened?" BrokenTail demanded. BlackFoot and Clawface appeared from behind with HollyKit and LarkKit in their jaws, limp and gashes in their throats...

Your legs went numb, "h-how...?" You quietly sobbed, "How?!"

"They must of sneaked out of camp, it must of been MudClaw!" BrokenTail snapped, RaggedStar glared at the sky in rage.

"We will attack WindClan, tomorrow at moonrise!" RaggedStar boomed, yowls of agreement roared throughout the clan, mean while, you and BrokenTail mourned the loss of your kits, RaggedStar and YellowFang padded up closely and sat beside HollyKit and LarkKit, "don't worry you two an attack on WindClan will give them what they deserve!" Yellowfang meowed.

The clan were getting prepared for the battle, however you sat in the warriors den, thinking. You heard paw steps behind you, knowing it was BrokenTail, "I will fight in this battle," you mewed.

You heard BrokenTail sigh, "your going to stay here, I will fight for you and our kits, I don't want anything happening to you."

You quickly turned around, baring your teeth into a snarl, "I'm going to fight! I couldn't care about them being by original clan, or If MudClaw will attack me!"

BrokenTail took a step back in shock, "ok, if you want to I won't stop you." He didn't say anything else and left the warriors den. You growled to yourself, looked at the stone wall and raked your claws down it, creating harsh, deep marks ingrained into it.

"They will all pay!"

~•TimeSkip•~

ShadowClan had prepared for the battle, ready to ambush WindClan, you were excited about it, wanting to feel their blood on your claws, ShadowClan were all waiting in the dark night, WindClan were oblivious to the danger, "ShadowClan, attack!" RaggedStar yowled, the cats all darted out of their hiding spots.

Eagerly, you leaped onto the first cat you saw, being WebPaw, you laughed as the Tom tried to throw you off, quickly you slashed his pelt, causing the apprentice to wince in pain. He rolled on his back, causing you to fall and giving him an opportunity to slash at you, he only caused a few scratches before you used your back legs to kick him off. The apprentice ran away in a hurry.

In the distance, you saw MudClaw, as his eyes met yours, the two of you walked into the centre of camp. "Now this is something I've been waiting for," MudClaw snarled.

"So have I, and I'm not going to back down this time, after what you did!" You quickly darted under MudClaw and clawed his front paws, making him fall over, the tabby growled in anger, he looked at you for a moment before trying to leap at you, swiftly you leaped at his face and claw at his left eye, drawing blood and leaving a huge mark, the tabby yowled in pain but it still wasn't over, "I'm not going to stop until your dead."

MudClaw chuckled darkly, "you'll never kill me!" He ran at you and kicked you in the side, as you tumbled to the ground the Tom went to bite down on your throat, in a flash you slashed his muzzle, causing him to leap back in pain, you were about to take a swipe at his throat before you heard RaggedStar.

"ShadowClan, Retreat!" RaggedStar yowled everyone started fleeing you stared down at MudClaw with a warning glare, "well your lucky this time."

With that you quickly fled with your Clan mates.

Once you were back at camp, you found out why RaggedStar retreated, His deputy was badly injured, CloudPelt was in the medicine den with his leader, YellowFang and RunningNose. Everyone was waiting in camp, waiting to hear if CloudPelt lived.

Then RaggedStar appeared from the entrance of the medicine den, sorrow clouded in his eyes, he leaped onto the high rock and called a meeting, "CloudPelt has sadly died from the battle, YellowFang and RunningNose have tried everything but nothing can bring him back."

ShadowClan lowered their heads in respect for the deputy, you also lowered your head however not just for CloudPelt but also for your kits.

"I say these words before the body of CloudPelt, so he may hear and approve of my choice, the new deputy of ShadowClan is..." RaggedStar took a pause his eyes landed on BrokenTail, "BrokenTail, your the new deputy of ShadowClan!"

BrokenTail eyes lit up, and cats chanted his name, he thanked them all however you crouched down, not bothering to cheer.

Once the crowd died down and went to do their own thing, BrokenTail came up to you, "hey, aren't you happy that I'm deputy?"

You gave a small nod, "yes I'm happy but it's just, you know..."

"I know, I miss them too, but you'll be ok, they will watch over us from StarClan."

~•TimeSkip•~

It had been 2 moons since your kits were killed and ShadowClan attacked WindClan, you still hadn't moved in from your kits death, you missed how they played together and how they loved you so much, not like your mother.

You were eating a frog alone, however BrokenTail sat beside you, "are you ok?"

You bared you're teeth slightly, "no, of course not."

BrokenTail sighed, "I-I was thinking that maybe we should try and have another litter of kits."

You turned to him, "no, I just want to be alone!" You got up, forgetting about your frog, and ran out of camp.

"Y/W/N! Wait, please come back!" BrokenTail called, you just ignored him and ran to the two-leg place near ThunderClan.

You stopped to catch your breath, you looked around for a moment, seeing the twoleg nests, you saw a few kitty pets around, however one caught your eye. She had the same eye colour as you with a M/P, that's when you realised who it was...

"M-mother...?"