5 | trouble in paradise

7:45 am

7:45 am. The time my alarm went off and startled me, since I was only able to get two hours of sleep. I quickly turned my phone off and continued to lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling. Hearing Naomi groan from the sound of the alarm going off, I turned my head to see her turning over in her position to face me.

"Sorry I woke you."

"You're fine." She reached over and rubbed my bare chest. Sliding over closer, she leaned over to kiss my cheek, then made her way to my lips. I placed my hand on her lower back, bringing her closer to me as we our kiss got more intimate.

"Baby, I gotta get to practice."

"We can make it quick." She whispered against my lips. She threw the covers back and pulled me towards the bathroom.

Just as she said, we made it quick. Shower sex was never really my thing, but I made it work for her.

I jogged down the steps of my home after showering and getting dressed, then hurried to the door to grab my bag. I threw the bag on the island counter once I reached the kitchen to grab a few water bottles from the fridge.

"How long are you at camp today?"

"Uh, I should be out before one." I said, closing the fridge door behind me.

"Wanna get together afterwards?" She asked. "My friends are finally gone and I've missed you."

"I missed you too." I grinned. "You mind if we get together tonight if you're not busy? I told my friend I'd see her today to support her and her fam, but it shouldn't take long."

"Is it your ex?" She mumbled. "What's her name, Asia?"

"Ana. Don't do that."

"That's right." She sarcastically snapped. "Ana. You guys must've talked everything out at Tabi and Jarvis' party, huh?"

"Something like that." I shrugged. "Like I said, it shouldn't take long, so I'll text you when we finish up."

"Ok." She nodded, walking over to the fridge. "How long is this gonna last?"

"What, Naomi?"

"This! You putting me second to your friend. I mean, if it's going to be a habit, just let me know. If you guys really found a way to rekindle shit, then I'd also like to meet her, to see my competition in the flesh."

"The fuck?" I laughed. "You serious?"

"Dead ass."

Taking a breath to make sure I didn't get disrespectful, I put my hoodie over my head. "I ain't putting you in second place to no friend. Hell, if anything, I should be saying that about you. I haven't spent more than a night with you in a damn week, cus your friends were in town."