8 | everybody business

4 Months Later

4 Months Later

The sounds of soft, lofi hip-hip played through my speaker as I finished getting dressed, surprisingly before Chris arrived. It was another "date night", but with more people.

Standing in front of my full-length mirror, I examined myself in the dress I wore. I wanted to make sure none of my imperfections showed on full display. My anxiety was through the roof as I prepared to meet his family.

We decided to make things official about 2 months ago, and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Before we did, I decided to go in on a fresh slate and approach him about my issues with us having sex. He was disappointed, more so at himself but also at me for waiting so long to tell him.

But ever since, he's been working on it. Honestly, he still has to work on it, but it gets better every time.

One topic I left alone was the comment Odell made about him working with his ex. The whole time I've known Chris, he's always been honest with me and I believe something of that nature would've been discussed between us by now. Especially since I just cut off an ex-boyfriend for him.

I haven't spoken to or seen Odell in 4 months. He tried reaching out after our conversation, but after a few weeks of getting no answer, he took the hint.

Hearing Chris' knock at the door, I hurried down the hall, barefoot, to open the door. We were official, but not that official to have keys to each other's place or to live together.

"Hey, baby." He smiled, walking in the door. He immediately pecked my lips and closed the door behind himself. "Why you so dressed up?"

"What do you mean?" I smiled, not understanding his question. I stepped back as he walked over to the couches in the living room, giving him room to fully examine me.

"Ya look beautiful, babe, but it's a little too much."

"I'm meeting your parents tonight, so I wanted to look nice."

"But this isn't a formal thing." He laughed.

"Well, you never actually told me where we were going."

"A Browns game." He finally answered, sitting on the couch.

I grew quiet as I watched him shake his head and reach for the remote on the center table. I finally around to go back to my room and change my clothes.

No way was I meeting my boyfriend's parents at a game to support my ex-boyfriend's team. Sure, I'd be there to support Jarvis as well, but this was too much for me.

I let out the deepest breath as I shuffled out of my bodycon dress and threw it on my bed. I found a pair of comfortable jeans and a jersey given to me by Jarvis a few months ago with his number on it. I paired my outfit with my white air forces and refreshed my hair with some moisturizer and water in a spray bottle. I shook my head quickly before rushing out of my bathroom at the sound of my name.