13 | NY state of mind

note: for the purpose of the trip, the upcoming chapters will be in 3rd person to include everyone's pov. This just makes it easier for me, since everyone will be together you may see things from Odell, Ana, Tabi, Jarvis, or Malik. 

hope you enjoy. 

"Hey, baby girl

"Hey, baby girl. You ready?"

"Yes, sir. I'm just finishing up." Ana's dad peeked into her bedroom as it neared the time for him to drop her off to her friends. 

She yawned and stood up from the bed after she finished repacking her carry on bag.  This was just of things she used the previous night, like her my phone charger, bonnet for her hair, and other small necessities. She ran off to her bathroom to make sure she wasn't leaving anything and to turn off the light. 

Since her dad was closer to the airport, they both thought it would be a good idea for Ana to spend the night at home. He could drop her off and pick her up when they came back from New York. She wasn't only using her dad for his services, though. She's also been dying to spend more time with him. To both of them, it was the perfect idea. 

As much as she wanted to spend more time with him, he wanted her around more. However, he knew how busy her job kept her during plays, and how demanding the kids were. They loved his daughter, so he didn't mind sharing. 

Outside, Kenny stuffed her suitcase to put in the trunk, allowing Ana to lock up the house and get adjusted in her passenger seat. She internally spazzed in excitement. Her stomach filled with 'butterflies' as most say, she couldn't help herself but to anticipate what may happen on the trip. 

"Where am I dropping you off, baby girl?" He asked, turning the heat on after getting in the car.

"Tabi said it's one of the first parking lots. We're not going through the departure terminal since we're taking a private plane."

"Must be the luxury of bein rich, huh?" He laughed.

"I guess."

"And what's it for again?"

Growing comfortable in the car, she explained to her father that Tabi got an amazing opportunity to host a fashion show in New York. The organization planning the week-long event, the CFDA, is hosting an opportunity for small designers and business owners to showcase their work in hopes of being chosen for a bigger show for the official New York Fashion Week in February.