12 | opening up

"How does that feel?" The trainer asked me

"It hurts, but good."

I was currently at physical therapy. The female athletic trainer, Denise, had me doing light stretches for the day, and icing my hip and groin area in between. Each time I tried pulling myself up from the sit-ups, I winced in pain. I took deep breaths in between each one.

My first full week of therapy has been rough, to be honest. The first day, I left nearly in tears from the pain. But, I've been consistent in trying to get better. I believe the quicker I get done and healed, the faster I can get back to the field.

I'm not tryin to rush, though. I don't need no more injuries.

"Ok, I can you stop here." She walked over and helped me stand up. Luckily, the doctor approved me to walk without crutches. "You're doing really well. I don't want to rush you going back to play, though. So we'll stay on schedule. While you're at home, keeping icing that area and you can do really light stretches. It's also good to do them in a pool."

"Ok, I got you." I took a mental note to make time to exercise in my pool.

"Other than that, I'll see you same time next week?"

"Yeah."

As much pain as rehab put me in, I was thankful I had something to do during the week to keep me busy. All I've been trying to do, lately, was keep my mind off all the shit with Naomi.

Every time it crossed my mind, I felt more worse than the first time I heard the news. I never expected for intimate moments with my girl to be exposed to the whole world. Everywhere I turned, someone was talking about me, calling me a 'pornstar' and tying all this shit to my career. It was a nightmare I was hoping to wake up from real soon.

I hated having alone time to myself. It was too embarrassing, and having time to think about it made me want to avoid it all together.

Looking over my shoulder, I saw Ana walking into the on-site training facility. It was the weekend, and since my mom went back home to Louisiana yesterday, I asked if she could do me a favor and drive me over to my therapy appointment. Although I could walk without my crutches, my doctor wanted me to take my time before driving or getting back into my full, normal routine again.

To tell the truth, I've been craving more of her company since everything transpired. She's been the one person, outside of my mom and my management team, that I can trust to see me outside of my situation. Whenever she's around, she never brings it up, but she's always down to listen when I need to vent. She's truly a breath of fresh air.

We haven't hung out much in the week that's passed, but we've had a few FaceTime calls, and she occasionally checks on me via text.

"Hey." She smiled.