14 | hate the club

So far, the first day in New York has gotten off to a good start. After enjoying lunch, they wandered around the city, stopping in a few stores. But, once the number of crazy fans picked up everyone decided to get back to their room. Taking a nap wasn't in the plan, but no one complained. 

While the apartment sat in silence due to everyone sleeping, Odell struggled to continue his nap after an hour and a half, and it wasn't expected. Hearing his phone go off after intentionally ignoring the first two calls made him annoyed, especially seeing they were from Naomi. He hadn't spoken to her since they broke up, and he didn't look forward to doing so again.

Sitting up in the bed, he let out an exaggerated breath and grabbed his phone from the charger.

"Why the hell you keep calling me?"

"Maybe if you answered my calls the first time, I wouldn't have to keep calling back."

"I was sleep, Naomi, damn. What you want?"

"We need to talk. Where are you?"

"Talk about what?"

She took a long pause. "Listen, I'd rather tell you in person. Now where are you? 

"If it's the porn shit then I--"

"Cut it out, that's not what I'm here to talk about."

He paused, suddenly confused and desperate to know the topic. "I'm not in Cleveland right now. So whatever it is gon have to wait."

Before Naomi could get in another word, Odell hung up and threw the phone down. He attempted to lay back down, but his mind couldn't escape from wondering what she could possibly have to say to him. He was praying it wasn't anything dramatic or life-altering.

His phone buzzed from an incoming text: I'm being serious about this conversation. Let m know when you get back. 

"Fuck."

Feeling defeated, he stood up from the bed. He decided to hang out on the apartment's balcony. The sun was beginning to set, giving him the most beautiful scenery to clear his mind and get fresh air.

The videos were down. His team had released countless statements. The lawsuit was drawn up and ready to go, yet he still felt the same way. For the past two weeks, he's been discussed in conversations, not for his talent but for this situation. It was embarrassing. He's come so far, only for people to associate him with OnlyFans.

Luckily, the insensitive paparazzi have calmed down since the wake of the situation. They've resulted to commenting on his social media. He's just hoping it dies down, just like his interest in caring.

He's finally over it.

He got distracted from thinking when the patio door opened. Turning around, he was met with Malik.