16 | uptown blues (pt. 1)

The sounds of cameras flashing, combined with the loud music and crowds of people talking overwhelmed Ana once they reached the first fashion show

The sounds of cameras flashing, combined with the loud music and crowds of people talking overwhelmed Ana once they reached the first fashion show. She found herself clinging to Odell without making it obvious.

She wasn't comfortable enough to lock hands, but whenever they were maneuvering through crowds, she'd lightly hold onto his arm and quickly let go when they reached their destination.

But, as they left one fashion show and reached the next one, her nerves calmed and she finally felt like she could fit into the scene. The last show wasn't as interesting as the first two, so Odell and Ana found themselves whispering back and forth to each other.

"What did you have to tell me?"

"What you mean?"

"You texted me earlier, saying something about Malik. What did he tell you?"

"Oh." He nodded. "He's dating my ex."

"What the fuck? Naomi needs her ass beat."

"Nah, not her." He laughed to himself. "Andrea."

"Are you serious?" She sat up and looked over to him. "Wow, how did this happen?"

"Long story, but he said they knew each other first. Remember, she was a transfer to LSU. I'm guessing she just told him about me and her, and he was flippin out, thinkin I would feel some type of way."

"Well, I mean, I see where he's coming from. That's your ex and y'all are really close friends. Good thing he didn't hide it."

"Yeah, and now he tryin to bring her to hang with us later on."

"I'm not ready for this." She rolled her eyes.

"Listen, I put up with her always questioning me about you. But I am not playing the middle man to her and Malik. She's on her own."

"Nah, I doubt that. Hopefully she grew up and knows better."

The anticipation to see Malik's girlfriend had everyone on edge. When they got back to their room from the gym, Odell gave Jarvis the full story while Malik showered. From there, Jarvis spoke to Tabi. Everyone was caught up.

"Oo, I'm ready to get out these heels and into something comfortable." Tabi remarked as they walked down the street on the sidewalk towards their car. The traffic to get out of the show was heavy, so they told their driver to park further down so they could exit quickly.

"Tabi, are we still going to your mom's?" Ana caught up to her. 

"No, I was thinking they just come to us. We've been going nonstop, so we can take a break from all the traveling."

"Oh, ok. Sounds like a plan for me."

The ride back to their temporary place was short and sweet. Without knowing, everyone but Malik had dozed off for a quick nap. After the long night out at the club last night, they were beyond tired. But Malik's excitement to see his girl took over.