7 | keep it real

**This chapter begins with the filming of this interview (you can watch it before reading - up to you!)

Two Weeks Later

I stood up from my chair and prepared to walk back towards the locker rooms with Jarvis beside me. We just wrapped an interview with Randy Moss, a sports analyst and retired football player, for ESPN.

"Odell," My publicist called after me. "Great interview."

"Thanks, Noelle."

"Listen, you're getting a lot of deals coming in since this whole move, which is great. And we've already gotten questions about you flying out to New York for fashion week. How you feel about it?"

"You know fashion week is a dope thing, I'm down."

"Great. I'll get back to some of those designers so they're already lined up before we fly out." She noted in her phone before walking away.

"Yooo, I'm starvin." Jarvis groaned as we headed towards the parking lot. After training this morning, we were set to film the interview before leavin for the day, so I decided to kick it with my friend before headin home to chill.

"Shit, me too."

"Come back to the house wit me, then. Tabi cookin."

"Word?"

While sittin in the passenger seat, I pulled my phone out to check any notifications I missed during practice, and couldn't help but notice the texts and calls to Ana were left with no responses.

It's been about two weeks since I last saw her out with her new boyfriend. Ever since, we haven't spoken - usually we'll check in wit a text or call every now and then. But I've gotten nothing.

"Aye, you or Tabi spoke to Ana lately?"

He shook his head, paying close attention to the road. "Nah. I'm pretty sure Tabi has, though. You can ask her, but wassup?"

"Nothin too crazy...she just ain't been returning my calls or texts. Just wonderin."

"Hm." He raised his eyebrow. "So what, y'all best buddies again?"

"Not even close." I laughed. "But, you know, we check in every once in a while, make sure everybody still breathin."

"You her daddy, nigga?" He laughed.

"Shut the fuck up."

"Aaahhh, just kiddin, just kiddin." He shook his head. "But for real, bro? Don't be pressed over the girl, y'all just got cool again. Maybe she busy or something."

"I ain't pressed." I defended, looking out the window of the passenger side. "We ran into each other some time ago. She was wit her nigga and I was with Naomi, it was a little awkward and I ain't heard from her since."