15 | the news

The next morning came just as fast as everyone went to bed

The next morning came just as fast as everyone went to bed. Once the bedroom doors closed, however, things went down that everyone would never expect.

Of course, Tabi and Jarvis kept that same energy from the club. Their night escapades gave their next-door neighbor, Malik, a run for his money.

He excused himself from listening to check in with his 'girlfriend'. Without the rest of the group having knowledge, he stepped out after a long phone conversation and ended his night in a different location.

Ana could say the same thing. Who knew she would be sleeping in Odell's bed on the first night of the trip? She surprised herself every time she woke up in the middle of the night and saw him beside her.

She found herself staring at him. He laid on his side, holding the cover up over his shoulder. When she decided to go back to sleep, her body fell comfortable when he reached over and pulled her body into his.

When more hours passed and the sun rose, the roles unintentionally switched. Once Odell knew he couldn't go back to sleep, he raced to use the bathroom, brush his teeth, and washed his face.

Ana's body awakened physically when she felt him get back in the bed and his hands moving hair from her face. Seeing her face twitch as a reaction, Odell decided to play as if he was asleep. Her eyes opened to him laying on his side, facing her with his eyes closed.

"How long were you staring at me?" She sat up, resting on her arm.

"Hm?" His eyes popped open after a second, causing her to laugh. "Damn, you always catch me."

"Just because I'm sleep doesn't mean I don't know."

With the liquid courage out of her system, the nervous feeling finally set in when she realized her surroundings. It was just the two of them, in bed together. She fiddled with her fingers to avoid eye contact.

Finally finding an excuse to leave, she threw the covers back and slid out of the bed.

"Where you going?" He questioned.

"To brush my teeth." She turned to give him a smile while leaving the room.

"Well, can you come back when you finish? I wanna talk."

She paused and nodded, giving a faint smile. "Ok."

As much as she wanted to avoid talking about last night, there was no getting around it. And honestly, coming to common ground was necessary. The trip was just getting started, and mixed feelings wasn't the best way to go if they wanted to enjoy themselves.

After completing her morning routine, Ana took her belongings to her room. On her way out of the room, she jumped at Tabi standing behind her.

"Shit!" She took a breath. "Girl, you scared me."