R Y A N

Okay...why the hell is the Cheerleader sitting right next to me? Why is her her boyfriend sitting next to the loner? I mean, I did witness quite the events that occurred this morning, but, I never thought that her anger would last this long.

As a nerd, you are nothing towards the popular people, you're simply just a fly on the wall. However, you will catch someone's  attention, if they beg you for your notes, or 'need your help to complete their homework'. I honestly don't get why they can't be straight forward and make you do their homework. I'm not complaining about my status. In fact, us wallflowers will agree to one thing, we would rather be at the bottom of the hierarchy, than fighting against each other to reach the top. Yet, I don't like it when they bump against you down the corridor, and act as if you weren't there; there's a slight difference between having bad manners, and acting as if you own the place.

Okay, back to the juicy moment, the star couple aren't even sitting together. Although they are the most well known couple, everyone can agree that they are old news. Let's look at the facts shall we? They have been dating since the beginning sophomore year, when she moved here, and they are inseparable. It was quite the shock when Jack was committed to have a serious relationship with her. Yes, we were 15 at the time, yes, we were quite young, but that doesn't erase the fact that he, as well as his friends went out at night as had sex with girls our age, or older. They did have their sweet moments, like last year in Valentine's Day, when he stood right in front of her locker with a giant teddy bear and bouquet, let's just say, that the guys improved their gifting skills. However, we cannot ignore the fact that most of the time, we get a front row seat to watch their screaming match.

I tried to hide my shock when Ashley was still sitting next to me, but it was inevitable. We all knew what she was doing, she would pick a seat from the class, next to a wallflower, and Jack would follow her as a lost puppy, and make the wallflower move from the seat. But this time was different. Instead of forcing me to move my seat, he sat next to the Loner. The first thought that came to my mind was that the Jock was going to apologise to the Loner for really running her over with his car, but I nearly laughed out loud at the mere thought that the Jock, the most popular guy in school, would say sorry to a Loner, someone who refuses to to even partake in the school's hierarchy.

I kept staring at the two from my seat, and I couldn't help but think that the star couple might not be together once we all graduate.

This was going to be an interesting year.

***

I strolled towards Lilly's locker, as she was organising all her textbooks and notebooks from smallest to biggest.

"Have you heard about what happened this morning?" She asked me as she placed her final textbook into her locker. "Jack nearly ran over the Loner in the school's parking area!"

I nodded as i told her that I knew. "I have even better gossip," I smirked. "They didn't sit together in this morning's registration." Lilly gasped at the news.

"The Cheerleader sat next to me, and the Jock sat next to the Loner."

Lilly looked as though she had just heard the most scandalous news ever. I mean sure, we constantly hear about the bloody Star couple fighting, but the fact that they chose to not sit together, that's the part that intrigues me the most.

Lilly closed her locker, grabbed her bag, and began to walk to the next lesson that we shared. In case you haven't realised, Lilly and I go way back. We've been friends since childhood, and as corny as it sounds, we do everything together. She tells me her deepest darkest secrets, and I tell hers. Sometimes it gets a little tiring that people assume that we are a couple, just because we are attached to the hip and we are from the opposite sex, doesn't mean that we have to be couple.

"I don't know why," Lilly began. "But I feel as though this year will be different."

"For you?"

"For us," she corrected me, causing me to shoot her a quizzical look. "I mean, we are on our last year of sixth form, and we've got our university applications right around the corner. People will change groups, new groups will be formed, and the people will friend people that are the least likely to become friends. Once we graduate, we will be very likely to lose contact with others, though I'm not complaining, but still, I feel like I'm not ready to leave this place."

Lilly's voice echoed in my mind. It did scare that she had said that. Why? Because she was so fucking accurate. We both knew that people were going to change this year, and people were very likely to reveal their true colours to their peers. However, the part that frightened me the most, was the fact that once we all graduated, we would lose contact. Sure, I wouldn't complain if I never had to share the same air as the Jocks, but I wouldn't want to lose Lilly. She has been there for me through thick and thin, and, although we agreed on going to different universities, the thought that we will never be there for each other actually disturbs me.

But who knows. Just as Justin Bieber said... Never say never.

Hello my fine Specimens!

Sorry for the late update, I was getting ready for my first year of uni...which starts tomorrow!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, hehehe.

Anyways, I know this was a short chapter, but I promise you that the following ones will be much better. Now, because i'm starting university, my routine will be very different; if I can't update once a week, then i'll try to update once every two weeks

I love you all ❤️

P.S. The Greek God will be out soon!!