8.

Laying in Kuroos arms like this made you feel so warm and protected. This wasn't good, the longer you spend with this guy the more feelings you start to have for him. It's getting beyond the point of just attraction, you're starting to think about how you feel when he protects you. You're starting to hope he doesn't let go. If you were sober you would've never let yourself think like this. You really were just focusing on his hand curling around your knees and your waist, the way his biceps felt against your back, you didn't really realize where you were going until you felt a cool breeze on your face. You were on the second story of the house in a bedroom. Kuroo put you down and you thought something might happen and got ready to defend yourself.

      Instead you had nothing to worry about. Kuroo said nothing and went to open a window.

       "What are you doing?" You asked, getting up on your elbows. He starts to put his leg out the window, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

        "I'm checking it out. Wait right there, okay? Maybe sober it up while you're at it." Kuroo smiled cocky and ducked out the window. He didn't try to make any moves, maybe he really his different.

        "Wh-what?" You got up quickly, the bed squeaking loudly. Then suddenly felt dizzy and had to rest your hands on your knees. You didn't see Kuroo's head poke back in at the sound of your rustling and the bed squeaking.

        "That was fast, miss me already?" Kuroo's smirk reentered the room, "Buy me dinner first before we make the bed squeak like that."

Maybe he's not so different.

         "Oh, like I'd let you." You quickly retorted and stood up. Kuroo chuckled at your comment. You came out to the window, there was a small roof platform facing the backyard where the party still raged on. That's where Kuroo still was as it looked like he was checking to see if the roof tiles were sturdy and then set his jacket down.

          "Alright, I think it's safe enough. Come on." He extended his hand to you and crouched down by the window. You looked beyond his hand and saw...

          "Oh hell no." It was way too high, ever since you were a kid you didn't like heights. It wasn't a serious fear but you never wanted to make a habit of it either. "Come on, get off there." You said, trying to usher him back into the room.

           "No way. You have to come out here. I promise you it's totally safe. I do this at home all the time." He insisted, his smirk was something you felt like you had only seen in movies. The way he comforted you and stopped you in your tracks at the same time. "I thought you were the dangerous one, what's wrong with a little fresh air?"

          "Dangerous? This is not what I meant when I said that. It's not like I'm afraid of heights, or anything, I'm just not stupid either." You huffed, refusing to step out of that window.

          "Don't worry, I'll hold you if you need me to." He said, he liked that you were giving him a run for his money right now. He knew he'd have to do some convincing but this much playfulness is new and way more fun. Your face didn't change when he said that, you just stayed, a sweat drop on your face as you tried your best to hold it together.

           "Just because you're like some giant brachiosaurus doesn't mean you wouldn't die from a high enough drop." You said in response to his sudden advance. You couldn't help it, he was fun.

             "Brachiosaurus, huh? That's a new one." Kuroo laughed, "Come on, it's a rational fear but we're maybe 3 or 4 meters up. You wouldn't die from this high up. Just take the risk for once, I think you'll like it."