10

It was way early on Monday when you woke up. Like normally the time you'd be normally going to sleep kind of early. The sun wasn't even up yet when you swung your legs off the bed. You felt so hollow inside and there was a bad taste in your mouth. This whole weekend you've been wondering how this day was going to go. You ate your nerves for breakfast, looking and staring at the clock every 5 minutes.

Selfishly, you wondered if Kuroo would be there today. You couldn't remember if he had said if he was going back to Tokyo for the training camp after the weekend here or just going back to Tokyo. But there was no need to get your hopes up like that. Hopes up? Nevermind. He probably won't be there.

You got showered and changed into a pair of black athletic pants that made your butt look better and an old white T-shirt to match. Kiyoko had apologized already that she couldn't get you a jacket to match the team if you were just being a trial manager. You didn't mind, as long as you were there and learning it didn't really matter. You just didn't want to stand out.

After changing and getting ready, you threw in enough clothes, makeup, and toiletries to last you the week and took your breakfast on the go. You skated up and over the hill to meet in front of the store that Kiyoko told you to. Funny enough, it was the shop you worked at.

"Who else are we waiting on?" Takeda, the faculty advisor of the Karasuno volleyball team called, looking at their roster and the boys around them.

"Looks like.. Yamaguchi, Tsukishima aren't here yet, and neither is (L/N)." Daichi looked around.

"Uh, cap? Who is (L/N)?" Tanaka asked, yawning so wide his eyes started to water.

Then suddenly, the sound of a skateboard came racing down the hill. All the boys looked your way, breakfast bar sticking out of your mouth, hands in your pockets with your duffel bag over your shoulder. Nishinoya and Tanaka saw flowers and hearts and sparkles around your face as if they were in a movie.

You stopped yourself before reaching the group, stepping on the back of the board and grabbing it in your hand to finish walking up the rest of the way. Everyone was staring at you, it made you feel uncomfortable to see all these guys in uniform like this with their team sweats on and one guy even looked like he was 30. You did recognize all the second years though, especially the ones who were your friends, but also Tanaka and Nishinoya from the party as well as Suga. It was still rather intimidating to see them all together like this in such a formal setting. Even though maybe your entrance looked really cool to them, you had never felt more anxious in your life. You stood there for a moment and everybody was silent. Did nobody know you were coming?

"(Y/N)-chan? What are you doing here?" Kinoshita asked, making you feel even more like an outsider.

"(Y/N)! You came back to us!" Nishinoya started running towards you with arms wide, Tanaka following behind but they were stopped by Suga with two palms to the face. At that time, two other boys walked up that you didn't recognize. One had a neck pillow on and looked as if he might be sleepwalking, and the other boy just blushed when he looked at you.

"Right! Sorry." Kiyoko ran next to you to address the team, "Team, I'd like you to meet your new manager, (L/N) (Y/N). Just like Yachi, this was a very last minute ask which is why I didn't notify anyone but Daichi, Takeda, and Coach Ukai beforehand. We could really use the help on this trip and it's the perfect opportunity to get the experience she needs to make her final decision. So please do your best to not overcrowd her or make her feel uncomfortable."

"Yes ma'am." Tanaka and Noya responded, almost as if they knew that the last sentence was directed towards them.

"It's, uh, very nice to meet you all." You said, bowing quickly as a formality.