9.

You woke up in your bed. Head pounding, wearing the same clothes as the night before. You definitely drank way too much last night. You check for your phone and find it shoved in your pocket. How did you get here? You really only remember playing beer pong.. and then looking for your sweater... then going on the dance floor... then that guy... then, then what?

Kuroo.

     "THE COPS! THE COPS ARE HERE!" After hearing that both of your lips stopped in their tracks. It was absolute mayhem now. Even if there were fewer people there than a few hours ago anyone who thought they might be caught in the crossfire was now running. You were frozen, you couldn't get caught here, and neither could Kuroo. Kuroo was the first to act on instinct.

     "Fuck." Kuroo said, "C'mon, we're jumping down."

    "Are you crazy?" You said, but before you could say anything he jumped off the roof. He. Jumped. Off. The. Roof. Onto the fucking ground. Landing on his FEET.

      "Maybe I am, but — Come on! I'll catch you!" He insisted, you didn't have time to think.

        "You realize this is like the ONE thing I'm terrified of!" You whined, panicking on the roof while Kuroo prepared to catch you.

        "More scared of this jump than the cops?" Kuroo asked, he was right. You could see the red And blue lights of the police everywhere. You couldn't get caught here, there's no telling what kind of scolding you'd get from your parents. No way in hell would you get to stay by yourself anymore. Where else could you go? "Trust me!"

       You swallowed your fear and dropped from the roof. It probably was only a second, maybe 2 that you were falling like that, your stomach leaped into your chest. But it all ended so abruptly, falling into Kuroo's arms. He caught you and then fell backward onto a batch of grass causing you to land on top of his chest.

       "Alright, go! Run!" Kuroo said. You couldn't even enjoy laying on top of him for a second.

      "Aren't you coming?" You stood up fast, grabbing his hand.

      "I gotta make sure my guys are okay, I'm sorry. I need to find them first. Call me when you're home safe!" Kuroo let go of your hand.

       He told you to call him. But you never got his phone number? What an idiot.

       After that, you just remember finding your skateboard on the front lawn and skating the whole way home. There was really only one cop car out front surprisingly. You really hoped more weren't called after seeing what was going on. If everyone had just stayed calm and said they'd turn down the music or something maybe it'd be okay. You wondered if he was okay. If just any guy on the volleyball team were caught surely they'd be scolded, but something like that showing up on a team captain's record? Kuroo would lose his position for sure.

       When you opened your phone there was the last text you meant to send. You were going to finish it. But would it even matter? If you didn't have his phone number or socials, and he lived 3 hours away you'd probably never see him again. Tokyo was huge, even though your parents still lived near Nekoma the likelihood is still so low. There was no way you were going to see him again. It didn't matter one way or the other if you finished your text to your friend on the volleyball team to ask for Kuroo's reputation and phone number.

     You then took a shower and changed into your sweatpants. Living alone in your small dorm-like apartment was a blessing at times like these. As long as nobody came over you didn't have to worry about someone seeing you in the state you were in. If it weren't for your headache you may have not even considered showering, but you knew it to be smart.