14.

You snuck into your room with all of the other managers late that night after recollecting your skateboard and were lucky to wake up to the alarm in the morning. Of course, it was Yukie to bring up the subject first in her first breath to ask where you were last night. Quickly followed up by Eri asking if you were with a boy. Then, of course, asking what happened to your hand. You liked these girls but they sure were obsessed with these hot boys. It was probably a more normal reaction than you and Kiyoko.

Before you reached the breakfast hall, you waited outside to hopefully see who you needed to talk to. At first you thought maybe you missed him since it was 5 minutes past, until Kuroo caught your attention behind you.

"(Y/N)?" Kuroo said, he was surrounded by Inuoka, Kai and Fukunaga. Finally.. "What are you doing outside? Do you want to eat breakfast with—"

"Fukunaga, can we talk for a second?" You said, you didn't want to be rude but this couldn't wait any longer. Everyone was really shocked by you ignoring Kuroo's invitation. In your defense, at the time it went over your head completely.

Fukunaga looked up from his shoes and nodded. You nodded your head around the corner and you both went around the corner leaving a few confused boys behind you.

      Once you felt safe from any eaves droppers you turned back around to talk to him. But he didn't really give you the chance to speak first.

      "I'm not telling anyone." Fukunaga stated, "I already decided that. You don't have to worry."

      "Thank you, but it's more than that. Nobody knows about my past, except you. I can't have it coming back up, he practically ruined my life at Nekoma.. I can't have the same happen at Karasuno. Do you think anyone will come by this week while I'm here?" You asked.

      "I don't think so. They shouldn't. Doom is supposed to be in the city until next friday anyways. I don't think he'll come by." He said.

     "He will if he knows I'm here. You see why you can't tell him right? I don't really care about me but if he finds out I'm here it's not really going to matter who's in his way. I'm really trying to make it work—" You started but it seemed like you were a broken record.

     "I know what he did to you. I don't owe that bastard a damn thing anymore, so I don't care. Regardless, you shouldn't have come. You never did your exit ceremony so it's definitely past the point where you can return safely, you idiot." Fukunaga's fist clenched, "I'm practically out at this point so I have no business in telling him where you are. He has been looking. Had you run into anyone but me it'd be over for you, so you have to be careful."

     "I know that." You sighed.

     "That means being careful with Kuroo, too. His dad is the new chief of police. He's looking for any information on Doom and his crew. People still don't know about my connection and I'm trying to keep it that way, alright?" Fukunaga cut to the chase. You hadn't heard him speak this much in a long time.

     "C-Chief of police?" You stuttered. You almost told him your full history, how could you possibly do that now? He could get you arrested, or worse. If you're seen with him that puts Kuroo's life at risk, or they think you're snitching. "Right. I understand. Don't worry about Kuroo, he doesn't even remember I went to Nekoma at all. I'm sure he'll get bored of me in a few days anyways."

     "Whatever helps you sleep at night." Fukunaga stared back at the dining hall.

     "Fine then, we don't know each other. You never saw me and I'm not a Karasuno student." You said and he just nodded. You continued on, "Also since when do you play volleyball? Doom lets you?"