16

Haneul closed the door, leaning her back against it as her knees slowly gave up, her body falling to the ground.

She clutched a hand on her chest, feeling her heart beat irradically against it. Then, she slowly lift up both of her palms and touched her ears lightly- where he touched them.

Blood rushed to her face, quickly turning red as she remembered the sweet, thoughtful gesture Seungmin did.

It sent her feelings scattered and mind blocked as she tried to think of the previous days. Seungmin used to non-stop tease her, but ever since he mentioned her father, things are slowly becoming different.

Haneul got up from the floor with a huff and went to wash her face and called it a day.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Her hands shook yet again as she poured a huge amount of pills on her palm, throwing it in her mouth before gulping down water.

Hot tears streamed down her face while she stumbled down to the edge of her bed. Anxiety, depression, everything was coming back to her.

It was like a usual routine that she wakes up in the morning, getting creepy texts from her ex, fans and haters getting messages of threats and words of encouragement- note the sarcasm.

She wanted to end her life then and there by jumping off the building, but with her fear of heights, nothing was gonna happen. So she takes out a knife, tracing down a bloody line on her arm again, blood quick to ooze down from it.

Her sobs grew louder, a hand snaking it's way up to the roots of her hair as she pulled on it harshly, hoping a strong physical pain would overcome the pain she mentally felt inside.

By the time her heart rate calmed, her tears stained her cheeks, and her hair like a bird's nest, her doorbell rang.

Haneul abruptly stood up from the floor, drinking a glass of water before she ran down to the door.

She slowly peaked through the peep hole, feeling her chest tighten when she sees Wonpil, a worried expression spread across his face.

She hesitantly held onto the knob, twisting it slowly as it clicked open.

Haneul lifted up her head, only for her puffy eyes to see Wonpil's devastated ones. His eyes turned glassy and watery at the sight of the girl he loved as a little sister, broken and practically dead- both in and out.

Wonpil gulped down a strained sob that nearly escaped his mouth while trying his best to not let his tears fall as he strided towards Haneul, opening the door wider as he engulfed her into a hug.

Haneul stood there blankly, feeling empty as she let the warmth from Wonpil take over her.

The hug was more than just a hug for her. It showed that he loved, and he cared. His tears showing that he was sorry for not being there for her.

The end of her lips twitched, forming a frown by itself as she felt her eyebrows turn upwards.

Soon, Haneul felt a tear roll down the side of her cheek, salty and warm. She let out a sob that felt like a yell for help to Wonpil, and it only made his heart break more.

There were no words exchanged that moment as Wonpil let the hug go, grabbing onto the side of her face and looked at her in pity and apology.

A forced sad smile adorned her face as she looked back at him, thankful.

Wonpil grabbed her small hand, leading her inside the dark, lifeless room, closing the door behind them.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪