24

It has been exactly three days since their kiss, and both Haneul and Seungmin haven't moved on yet. Everytime they were together with the group, they avoided eye contact and physical contact as much as possible.

The awkward tension didn't go unnoticed by the rest of the boys and it made them feel awkward too, thinking it was about Zach.

The day before, JYP talked to Haneul about her not being safe from Zach wherever she was. He was capable of getting through the company's security without being noticed, so he was surely capable of sneaking into the mansion at late night since most of the times, JYP was away or working.

So for the slight chances of being able to avoid Zach, she moved back to the dorms where there were still security guards and the Stray Kids boys for back up. If possible, the GOT7 boys would also be there.

Here she was, laying on her bed and thinking about her messy life, especially Seungmin's kiss.

The thought of it made her feel butterflies in her stomach, but at the same time it reminded her of his rejection.

"That was a mistake."

His voice echoed throughout her head, her heart dropping to her stomach. It left her confused.

Unconciously, she lifted up a hand and caressed it across her lower lip as she drifted back to memory lane; where the night was cold and scary, but his kiss brought light and warmth, and brought her into full euphoria.

"It was a mistake, Haneul. Forget about it." She said to herself, sighing out loud.

She laid on her bed quietly, hoping she'd escape the harsh reality and enter dreamland where anything was possible.

But reality indeed was harsh.

Her phone started ringing and Haneul groaned as she had to leave her bed. Nevertheless, she got out of bed and reached for her phone by the desk.

It was her uncle again. She swiped the screen and answered the call.

"Hello?" She put the call on speaker.

"Haneul..." her uncle's voice was low and sad, almost cracking. "Your mother.."

Her eyes widened.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Do you think she's okay?" Hyunjin asked as the boys gathered around her door.

They had heard of the news of Haneul's mother having stage 2 lung cancer and they couldn't help but pity the poor girl.

Life has been rough on her, throwing her around like a rag doll. Her dad died, her best friend died, her ex was a psycho, netizens hated her, her mom had cancer, and Seungmin played with her heart- but the boys didn't need to know that last one.

Chan sighed as he knocked on the door for the nth time for the past half hour. "Maybe she doesn't wanna see anybody." Jeongin said, fiddling with his jacket.

Chan hung his head low, tired, sad, and worried. "I know Haneul. When she's sad, she shows that she wants to be left alone, but the truth is, deep inside she needs someone to comfort her." He stated but turned around.

"But we can't just barge in. I guess, we'd have to leave her for now."

The boys nodded and followed Chan as they made their way to the elevator. Seungmin was the first one to go in, meaning he was at the very back.

Everyone shut their mouths as they all were in their own world of thoughts, the only sound coming from the elevator music.
As they reached their floor, the elevator dinged and the doors were open. Everybody slowly made their way out.