17

Seungmin mentally slapped himself in hopes of clearing his mind from Haneul.

Ever since they started practicing this morning, he couldn't focus well and forgets the dance moves, leading the whole group to restart again.

He let out a big huff, his hands against his knees as he leaned down to catch air. Chan decided to take five and rest, maybe eat a little as he also wanted to talk to Seungmin.

The boy approached him and both sat down on the wooden floor of the practice room.

"Something's bothering you." Chan stated, looking at his feet through the mirror.

Seungmin scoffed a bitter laugh. "Yeah."

"Care to tell me about it?" Chan offered, lifting his head to gain eye contact.

But Seungmin just hung his head. "I don't think it's something you'd be able to solve." He said before standing up. "Do you mind if I go to the rooftop to clear my head first?"

Chan lifted up a brow as he stared at Seungmin who was dusting his sweats.

"I'll be quick. More or less, ten minutes."

Chan nodded and Seungmin walked out of the room inhaling and exhaling deeply. He didn't take the elevator and instead walked up the stairs quickly.

He opened the glass door to the top floor of the building. The rooftop garden was just down the hall, so he ran, pushing the door open.

A strong cold wind blew against him, making his hair scatter all over his forehead. He took a deep breath, feeling refreshed at the natural air.

The plants swayed with the wind and it looked like the garden waa dancing. Seungmin smiled at the view.

It was perfect up here. A perfect place to calm himself.

The clouds covered the sun that made the sky look lightly dim, plus the smell of fresh air and the sound of the bustling city below gave him full relaxation.

Not to mention the beautiful melody he heard.

Beautiful melody?

Seungmin snapped from his trance, eyes searching everywhere for the sound. He walked through the plants, following the bricked pavement.

There, by the glass fence, Haneul sat on the bench, singing to herself.

Seungmin's eyes softened, a small smile forming his lips. "Hey." He called but she didn't look.

Turns out, she was wearing a pair of air pods, blocking the sound from the outside as she looked at the traffic below. Seungmin chuckled to himself and walked towards the bench.

He sat down with no permission, startling Haneul from her peacefulness.

"Oh my-!" She gasped, a hand clutching her chest, and one taking off one air pod. "Since when did you get here?" She asked.

Haneul eyed Seungmin who let out a sigh as he leaned back against the wall. "Just now." He replied, turning his head to look at her.

He felt his heart rate quicken when Haneul pouted and put back her earphone.

With a sly smirk, he reached for the other one on her left and put it on himself. "Hey!" Haneul chided and punched his arm lightly.

"Ouch." He said and pursed his lips. Haneul just rolled her eyes and turned to look back at the streets.

"Day6?" He asked as the music made it's way to his ears. Don't get him wrong, he loved the group. Sometimes, a little too much.

"Well, yeah. I heard they're leaving for a tour." She said. "And I'm really gonna miss Wonpil."

The last sentince got Seungmin's brows to furrow. "What about him?" He asked, though the bitterness in his voice was a little evident.

"I need him. You won't understand." She replied, turning around to face the boy with a sad look.

"Then make me understand." Seungmin demanded.

Haneul rolled her eyes. "I don't see why that's important."

A part of Seungmin fell, and still, he didn't know why he felt that way.

"What about Chan then?" He asked, taking the air pod off.

"It's different." She said sternly. Inside, she was confused why Seungmin was being this way. "Wonpil just knows how to make me feel happy and important. He knows me the best. And he promised that he'd be there for me forever."

Seungmi felt his nerve twitch, but he just sighed. "Look," his voice was now softer as he looked at Haneul with sincerety in his eyes. "Sometimes, people won't be there for us forever. We all know that. But I promise, Stray Kids and I would try our best to be there for you too. If you'd just let us."

Haneul's eyes softened, her lips turning into a small grateful smile. "Really?" She said. "Aren't going to bully me?"

Seungmin held his breath, stopping him from laughing. "Maybe, maybe not." He answered as he stiffled a chuckle.

Haneul's smile grew bigger and she slapped his arm playfully. "Thanks."

Before Seungmin could turn red, he stood up and put his hands on his pockets as he pointed over to the door. "Wanna come to our practice?"

Haneul nodded and both walked out of the rooftop.

•••••••••••••••••
LMFAO im feeling lazy today ://///

Sorry i didnt update yesterday ;-; i procrastinated sksksksksksks