Chapter Two: Boo Fcking Hoo

"Alright, you've been looking like you've been in another dimension since you got here," Sasha said, taking a big crunchy bite from her carrot stick, "What's up with you?"

What's up with me? What's up with everybody?

Scratch that, what the fuck is up with everything?!

I woke up thinking that I have to freaking deal with the high school rumor mill, an awkward morning encounter with my mother, and a freaking gossip sesh with both Sasha and Mia, but here I was sitting in the cafeteria in the middle of August on the first day of junior year.

And let me tell you, junior year is something I definitely do not want to relive. I was already more than halfway done with it, why was I suddenly brought back here.

Also, time travel is not even possible!

"I think she has lost it," Mia told her after I've refused to answer her question, "Sash, I think we have to call Zoey on this one."

"No!" I exclaimed too loudly, causing a few people from the other tables to jolt up in surprise. I sent them a silent apology before clearing my throat, "Please don't."

Okay, so they were suspicious before but after that outburst, their concern turned into full on worry.

"Avery Barber, what has gotten into you?"

I sighed, blowing away a stray piece of hair from my face, "It's just... Zoey and I aren't in the best of terms right now."

A flash of understanding dawned upon their faces. Of course, a somewhat fight with your supposed best friend will cause a few out of character quirks. While it was true, it wasn't the main reason.

The main reason was that I was still thoroughly confused at what was happening.

"Oh I'm sure you'll patch it up soon," Mia assured, offering me one of Sasha's carrot sticks, "Your fights with her never goes on for too long."

But those fights were usually about different opinions, not about being seen with my ex-boyfriend on the same day that he broke up with me.

"Yeah," I muttered weakly, hearing the bell ring. I found myself squished between them as we headed to our next class. I tried to remember what happened on my actual first day of junior year – you know, the original one.

Let's see, after lunch I usually have math and if I can remember correctly, then this was my favorite one.

Not because I liked math – oh heavens no, I would have gotten rid of that damn subject if I had a choice. I compare the lessons to nails on a chalkboard. But I loved going there because I sat next to Pat. In fact, it was such a contributing factor to why we started dating in the first place.

And speak of the devil, he was already there when we entered the classroom.

I could still remember it vividly – there will be no more open seats that were close together. Mia's specialty was math, something she often bragged about, so she wanted to get the one available near the front. Sasha opted to sit near the window because she claimed that she needed natural sunlight to function, but we all know it was just an excuse to stalk the students that were having PE on the field. That will leave me with two more options, one near the back and the one right next to Pat.

I refused to sit at the back because I could barely understand the lessons, sitting there would be a suicide mission.

But now, I wasn't so sure.

Sorry Sasha, I love you but I know well where this was going, "Dibs on the one by the window!"

Before either of them could respond, I zoomed past our classmates and settled on the desk that once belonged to Sasha.