Chapter Thirty: Woodland Thriller Movie

When I fell asleep, I made sure that I was prepared to wake up to another timeline. I had my whistle secured around my neck and I said a silent prayer before closing my eyes.

And when I opened them again, it wasn't my room. I was a hundred percent sure that I definitely woke up somewhere else, judging from the fancy ass light fixture on the ceiling that I definitely could not have afforded.

At least when I flip flopped back and forth between the present and the future, I woke up in the same room and in the same bed. Now, I had no idea where I was.

So I sat up, looking around to find any hints of what I woke up to. And let me tell you, the familiarity of it almost made me suffer a heart attack.

I knew where I was.

Sure, it was half empty and looked rather different from when I was last here but my memories from here was so vivid that I couldn't be mistaken.

The secrets that were revealed in here were something that couldn't be easily forgotten so this was stamped in my memory.

Then there were movements next time, causing my whole body to stiffen. I've already deduced where I was so I had a pretty good idea what caused the movements.

Or rather, who.

Ever so slowly, I turned my head to the side and watched as the man next to me slowly opened his eyes. He blinked a few times, trying to register the situation with his sleep-filled brain and when he finally did, he had a more drastic reaction than I did.

"Avery?!" Leon gasped, almost falling off his huge ass bed.

I looked under the covers and thanked the heavens we were both dressed. While this situation was already weird on its own, having zero clothes would have turned the awkwardness to a hundred.

Well, we were definitely awake now.

"What timeline are we in?" I groaned, trying to shake off the remnants of sleep. Asking him what was happening was futile since I knew we were both in the dark.

He sat up, scratching his head, and reached out to his phone. Now that I had a better look at him, it was only now that I realized that he appeared a tad older. I then turned to myself and my eyes widened when I ran my fingers through my hair and felt that it was far shorter than what I remembered.

Alright, unless I gave myself a haircut in my sleep, this was a severely drastic jump.

"Holy shit!" he exclaimed and I thought of the worse when I snapped my attention back to him. The device he was holding in his right hand must have been an advanced version of his phone but that was not what prompted him to curse.

Instead, he was staring at his left hand in disbelief. I was a little bit confused until I saw that he was laser focused on the gold band on his ring finger.

Hold up!

I also lifted my left hand and my jaw fell when I saw the two rings settled on my own ring finger.

Does this mean...

"Leon, Avery," I heard the familiar voice of his mother, "Time for breakfast."

Calm down, Avery. We have been in far worse situations, let's not panic just yet.

"Be down in a minute," I managed to yell back and we heard her footsteps walk away from the door.

Now, Leon finally opened his phone and when he did, he almost threw it across the room when he saw the date. With a gulp, he finally dropped the bomb, "We're nine years into the future."