Chapter Three: Ridiculous Swaying

I was still barely letting this nightmare sink in when it was just the gift that keep on giving.

When we stepped out of the school, I was ready to hop on the bus and just go home, because I was honestly so tired of this day. However, I immediately stopped walking when I saw that very familiar black car parked there and if I squinted hard enough, I could see Zoey sitting right in the driver's seat.

"Oh no," I gasped, bending down in order to hide behind my two friends, "It's Zoey."

This wasn't supposed to happen. Back then, my first day extremely uneventful. In fact, aside from getting to sit next to Pat, I don't remember much from it. I just went to school, got through all the classes, and went home. Zoey being here never happened.

What happened?

"As much as we would love to hide you behind us for all eternity, you might be forgetting that she knows us," Mia pointed out with her tone dripping with sarcasm and as if on cue, Zoey lifted her head and spotted the pair. She waved before opening the door, stepping out of the vehicle.

She stuck out like a sore thumb. Her red uniform in a sea of public school causal outfits.

Nope, I'm out.

"You never saw me," I told them, turning on the my heel and sprinting back inside the school.

I didn't manage to get very far though, because halfway through this long ass hallway, I slammed into somebody.

Gosh, what is this cliché time traveling story that I suddenly gotten myself into?

"Slow down, Avery," the person chuckled, stabilizing me by putting his hands on my shoulder.

That voice.

I looked up and my eyes popped right out of their sockets when I saw Pat standing there with Leon right by his side. At this point, I have no idea whether I wanted to go back and just jump right into Zoey or stay where I was and face him after trying to avoid him the whole day.

Was there an option where the ground can swallow me up whole?

"What's the rush for?" he asked, finally releasing me.

"Pat!" I practically yelled, causing both of them to flinch in surprise. Fortunately, I caught myself, "-rick. Patrick, hey."

We weren't together yet. Scratch that, we weren't even friends yet. He hasn't told me to call him Pat yet.

He was still Patrick, not the Pat that made me fall head over heels for.

"Where are you going?" he laughed while I busied myself of trying to find a way to walk around both of their bodies. I wasn't short in comparable to most girls, but these two really were taller than me.

Just saying, I looked ridiculous swaying side to side to see if there was an opening where I could run.

These two were angels for not even commenting on this little dance I was doing.

"I..." I trailed off, trying to wrack up my brain for any excuse. I would like to point out, my brain had ran out of juice because it was doing its best to comprehend today's happenings so it wasn't in its optimum state, "Forgot something in the classroom."

Good job, girl. Sounded viable enough.

"Well, a few of us are going to eat out together, want to join?" he asked, the corners of his lips pulling into a smile, "Tell your friends to come too."

Damn it, I couldn't refuse that smile.

"Pat..." Leon trailed off, his tone bordering warningly.