Prologue

A tiny creature was babbling happily, creating webs from his finger tips. It was a spiderling. His name was Virgil.

He had six purple eyes, the two highest eyes closed. He had four tiny spider legs from his back, as his chubby baby arms played with the webs. He had soft brown baby hair, wearing a skeleton onesie.

He was in an adoption center, with other infants, kids, and teenagers. This adoption center was for creatures. Not humans.

Virgil was a spider creature. It was a rare sight to see a spider creature. Many, MANY, has died from the hands of humans. Virgil was the only spider in that small town.
.
.
.
.
Two men walked into the adoption center. One was a snake creature. Half of his body had snake scales, along with a snake eye. He had light brown hair, it being parted on his human side. He was wearing a hat with gloves on, as well as a sweater and sweat pants. He needed heat. He would sometimes have six arms instead of two.

The other had eight green, slimy tentacles sprouting from his back. They were octopus tentacles. He had a darker shade of brown hair, with a white dyed piece in the front. He had sharp teeth. He was wearing a black tank top, with skinny jeans.

They were Janus and Remus.

Both had rings on their fingers.

"Hello, what can I help you with?" A lady asked. She had a pair of black cat ears, two cat tails swaying from behind. Her hair was a puffy black.

"Hi, we are Janus and Remus. We're here to see Virgil?" Janus said. The lady started typing in his computer.

Few seconds later, she looked up, smiling brightly, "Ah, yes! Follow me and I'll lead you to him." She stood up, her tails wrapping around her leg as she walked towards a room. Janus and Remus followed, Remus squeezing his husband's hand to reassure him.

Once in, they saw an adorable baby boy. He had his blocks webbed up, as he was giggling over it.

Janus swore he fell in love with the infant. He and his husband were going to be raising a baby! A spider one at that. The only spider in the town.

"Here's Virgil! He is 4 months old, he is perfectly healthy as well." The lady said, picking up the young boy and smiling at him. He smiled back.

"He loves to web up his blocks, as well as climbing up the walls and ceiling. So be careful with that." She turned and handed Janus the baby.

Janus took Virgil in his arms, four other arms appearing. Two hands holding him, one brushing his hair, while one holds Remus' hand.

"Hey Virgil." He whispered. Remus leaned over, smiling softly at the small child. "Hey spiderling."

Janus handed Virgil to Remus, Remus poking him with a tentacle, as Virgil giggled and tried to grab it.

Janus turned back to the lady, to see her with a sad, yet happy expression. When she realized he was looking she smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, I just raised him for the past months and it's kinda hard to see him go. But I'm happy for him." She wiped a tear.

Janus smiled at her, placing a hand on her shoulder for a few seconds, "We'll take great care of him."

He turned back to the two, seeing that Virgil had webbed one of Remus' tentacles and is now playing with it. Remus just smiled.

"We'll take excellent care of him."