Christmas Special

This isn't apart of the story, this is just a side story of the main story. This is simply a special.

Merry Christmas!
________________________________

Virgil woke up to a peaceful house. Which would normally be concerning, but not in the winter season.

That's when Janus would hibernate.

It wasn't nice for anyone during hibernating season. Janus would sleep all day and night, only occasionally getting up to eat, use to bathroom, or shower. And the bedroom would be very warm, but Remus sleeps naked anyways, so he never minded to heat. Janus would also cuddle into his side, seeking for warmth and affection.

Therefore, Virgil would be alone. While its dad is sleeping and its father is at work, it was utterly alone for Christmas breaks.

Not this one though.

Virgil was creating a web in the corner, bored out of its mind. It hated winter. Its dad is asleep for an entire month and an extra few days or a week.

It jumped when it heard a knock on the door. That's weird, father is at work and dad is sleeping. So who would-

It was hit with a wave of a familiar and addicting scent.

Cookies and lavender.

Patton.

Virgil immediately ran over to the door and opened it.

It was going insane without the human boy beside it. Virgil wanted nothing more then to make a web and hide Patton away from the outside world, keeping him for itself. But Christmas break took Patton away from it.

Before Patton could say anything, Virgil beat him to it, "Can I hug you?" it asked.

Patton was surprised, but then smiled warmly and nodded.

Virgil instantly wrapped all of its limps around Patton, taking in a deep inhale of his scent.

"Uh, we're here too." Another familiar voice said. Virgil simply hissed, squeezing Patton tighter, "I only need Patton right now, Roman."

Patton giggled, wanting to hug the creature back, but he couldn't with the grip it had on him.

Virgil eventually let go with a red face, "Sorry.. I just missed you." It said sheepishly.

Patton giggled again, "It's all fine!"

"Salutations," Logan greeted, "We are here to give you company."

Roman rolled his eyes, "They mean hang out."

Virgil brightened, "That's great! It's been so boring around the house and lonesome." It moved aside to let them in, shutting the door after.

"Lonesome? How come?" Patton asked, sitting on the couch.

"It's winter, which means hibernating season, which means my dad is hibernating." Virgil sat next to Patton, bringing him closer to it with its spider legs.

"Oh, I didn't know reptile creatures did that. Does that mean bears do it too?" Roman asked, looking around at the many webs in the living room.

"Any animal that hibernates during winter does, and we're part animal, so creatures with those animal parts are." Virgil was getting annoyed that the other two were there.

Scratch that, its spider part was getting annoyed. Virgil itself loves its friends, but the spider part wanted to be alone with Patton.

Logan's eyes shines with interest, "So all creatures would do things animals would do if that animal is apart of them? That's so fascinating. I should get a book about it."