Chapter Four

Virgil couldn't get the feeling out of it everytime it was close to Patton. It was so weird. And it didn't help that they were sitting together at lunch.

They sat at a table, Roman going on about how Science is an unfair class. Logan rolled their eyes, "You just don't want to do the work."

Roman gasped dramatically, a hand over his chest as a look of offence on his face, "Excuse me?!"

Logan smirked, "You are excused." they hummed, taking a bite of their sandwich. Roman huffed, "Jerk."

Patton giggled, "Aw, come on Ro! I'm sure Logan can help you! They are good at science." Patton looked over at Logan.

They hummed again, "I wouldn't mind to help you, Roman." they suddenly looked at him with a dead serious look, "But you have to be willing to listen and try."

Roman nodded, "Yeah, yeah. You can come over to my-" Roman looked down, a frown on his face. He shook his head, "Nevermind, I'll go to yours."

Logan tilted their head, "Ok?"

Virgil smiled, but once it looked at Patton, it happened all over again.

Touch him.

Kiss him.

Hug him.

Bite him-

Virgil's face went a deep red. What the fuck? Bite him? No! Why wou would it even want to-

"Oo! Virgil," Roman brought it back to reality, "Do you want to join us this weekend?"

Virgil rose an eyebrow, "What's happening this weekend?" it asked, fiddling with a web.

Patton beat Roman to it, "We were going to hang out at the park!" Logan nodded, "I wouldn't mind if you joined."

Virgil thought about it, "I'd have to ask Janus, my dad." The three nodded, "Ok!" Patton cheered, flashing a bright smile. Virgil felt it happen again.

Just one touch..

Patton turned back and was chatting with Roman as Logan looked at the book in his lap.

Just one touch..

Virgil slowly moved it's hand from under the table, Patton not noticing.

Just one touch..

Virgil was so close to his hand. Just a bit closer and..

"Virgil!~" Patton whined, grabbing onto its hoodie sleeve, "Roman's being mean!~"

"Am not!"

Virgil was frozen. Patton was touching it. Patton was touching it.

Virgil suddenly felt anger bubble in it. How dare Roman be mean to what was its?

Virgil wrapped two of its spider legs around Patton, pulling him to its chest. Patton squeaked, causing Logan to look up.

Virgil bared its fangs, hissing at Roman. Roman flinched, clearly not expecting that.

"Don't be rude to Patton." It hissed again. Logan looked surprise, and curious. Patton blushed a deep red at it's actions.

Roman scowled, "I wasn't being rude!" he pouted. Patton squirmed, trying to get out of Virgil's grasp.

Virgil immediately looked down, all eyes focusing on him. Patton looked up at it, his face on turning redder.

Virgil smiled gently, "Don't worry, I'll always protect you." It whispered, and gently caressed his cheek, carefully sitting Patton up, as if it was scared it'd hurt him.