Chapter Nine

Roman was singing along with the radio, Logan smiling at him fondly. Patton and Virgil were giggling in the back, Patton still on its chest.

"You have the funniest family, Virge!" Patton said between his fits of giggles, looking up at Virgil. They both had pink faces, but none of them wanted to move.

It laughed, running its fingers through its hair, "Yeah, we aren't exactly what you call normal." It said, rather proudly since its life seemed to impress Patton.

Patton giggled again, nuzzling his face on Virgil's chest. He took off his glasses not too long ago so they were more comfortable while cuddling.

Virgil wrapped its spider legs around Patton, feeling every single good feeling. This is what it wanted, the boy cuddling it, showing affection.

It almost made Virgil bite him then and there, but its human part was more sensible.

Patton looked back up, "You should meet my parents. They are extremely nice, and my dad is so funny!"

Virgil raised a hand, brushing its fingers through his soft hair, "I'd love that."

The two were quiet after that, but they weren't uncomfortable. Virgil actually moved Patton into its lap, causing Patton to go even redder.

It hummed, closing all eyes as it rested its head ontop of his, "Better." it sighed.

Patton was absolutely melting under all this. He loved cuddling with Virgil so much. Something about it.. just felt really nice.

Logan glanced behind them, and frowned at the two, "You should buckle up." they said.

"Oh, leave the couple alone, Lo. They're just talking. Besides, we're almost there." Roman rolled his eyes, both Virgil and Patton going completely red at the first comment.

Logan huffed, but looked back ahead, "It's so obvious they like one another." they whispered, so only Roman could hear them.

Roman groaned, "I know! We just have to find the right moment to get them together."

Logan looked over, raising an eyebrow, "And how do you suppose we do that?"

"Look," he began, "The park is one of the most romantic scenery! We'll do what we can, like give Virgil a flower so h-it could give it to Patton, give it money so it could buy food, ect ect."

Logan thought for a moment, "Hm, that may work. I'll see what restuarant is nearby that's fancy, but not too much where they start to get suspicious." they said, pulling out their phone.

Roman beamed, "There we go! Thanks Logan!" Roman turned to smile at said kid at a stop light.

Logan felt their face heat up as they typed, "Y-Yeah, no problem." they stuttered.

Having Roman compliment them made them feel all warm inside. Is that healthy? Are they getting sick?

In the back, Virgil was creating small webs, Patton watching with awe.

Soon after, like Roman said, they arrived at a park, finding a parking spot near the entrance.

"Must be our lucky day." Roman mumbled, pulling out the keys and opening the door, everyone doing the same.

Virgil kept Patton close, a spider leg wrapped around his waist as it looked at the park.

"Huh." it said, "Never been here."

Roman gasped, "Seriously?! This is one of the best parks! And it's a good luck since we got the spot literally right by the entrance."

Both Logan and Virgil rolled their eyes, well, Virgil rolled four. Patton giggled, wanting to go and walk off, but couldn't because of the spider leg.

Luckily, Virgil began to walk, so Patton walked with. Roman and Logan followed behind.

"Damn, already got an arm- well leg, around his waist." Roman mumbled. Logan nodded, looking around the park.

It was quite beautiful. The grass was well cut, trees looked healthy, including the flowers. There were so many. Tulips, roses, daisys, sunflowers, and more. They all seemed to be sparkling.

"This really is the best park." Virgil said, looking around them. Patton nodded, moving closer, "We come here all the time. We normally just walk, sit on a bench, maybe play a few games, or have a picnic!" his eyes sparkled at all the memories the three had.

Virgil felt out of place. It never had memories like this with anyone other than its parents. So hearing about it all...

"Oh yeah?" Virgil tried to sound curious, letting the leg let go and go back to laying behind it.

Patton was confused. Why did it let go of him? Did it not mean to do that in the first place?

Roman frowned, then grinned, turning to Logan, "I'm gonna go find a flower, be right back!" he whispered shouted, turning around and running off.

"It's going to go!" they whispered shouted back.

Not even 30 seconds was he gone, he came back. He had two pink tulips in his hands.

Logan hummed, "So, how are we going to get Virgil to give it to Patton?" they asked.

Roman only smiled as he walked forward, stabbing the stem in the sharp edge of the spider leg.

Virgil straightened, even though its pan, and looked behind to see a pink flower on its leg. Huh, maybe it got caught in it while it was walking?

Virgil picked it off, and was about to throw it in a bush when an idea came to its head.

It turned to Patton who was watching a squirrel nibble on a nut. Virgil cleared its throat, and Patton looked over.

"For you." Virgil looked away, face pink. Patton looked at the flower and felt his heart do flips.

He gladly took it, bringing it up to smell it, "Thanks Virgil!" he beamed up at it, snuggling into its side before pulling away.

Virgil smiled, unconsciously wrapping another spider leg around him, "No problem."

Roman and Logan smiled, "It worked." Logan said, "Good job."

Roman puffed out his chest, putting a hand there, "Why, thank you." he stated.

Logan rolled their eyes, but looked down at the other flower, "Why do you have two?" they asked.

Roman suddenly looked a little nervous. He handed the tulip over, "It's for you." he simply said.

Logan was confused for a second, before they looked at Virgil and Patton and realized.

Their face went red as they took it, "Oh. Um. Thank you." they said, holding it close to their chest.

Roman smiled at them, "Of course, nerd." he winked, skipping ahead infront of the two to talk about going to a restaurant.

Logan looked down at the flower, and smiled a love sick smile.

Shit, they may be falling in love.