Chapter Thirteen

Virgil waved bye to the car with just Roman now, after he dropped off Logan and Patton.

"See ya, Princey."

"See ya, Emo Nightmare."

Virgil walked to the door, pulling out the spare key and opening the door. It walked in, noticing the broken chair wasn't there. Neither was Janus or Remus.

Uh oh.

Virgil immediately went to go outside, but an arm suddenly grabbed it. Virgil froze up, muttering a "shit."

"Virgil, my baby sssssspider~" A sweet voice hissed, "Where are you going ssssso late out? We have dinner!"

Damnit, Roman already left.

"Uhh, I left something in Roman's car." It tried, trying to get out of Janus' grip.

Janus fake gasped, "Whatever did you losssssse? Your phone?"

"No, a web I made." Virgil finally turned to look at its dad. It wasn't entirely a lie, it did leave the heart web. Though it wasn't important.

Janus was grinning ear to ear, his fangs in clear view. His snake eye would follow Virgil's every movement.

"You can jussssst make another, can't you sssssssweetie?" Janus' other arms suddenly grabbed Virgil, pulling it inside.

Virgil struggled even more, but its dad's grip was stronger. When in the kitchen Remus was happily eating steak. When he looked up, his happy smile turned into a smirk.

"Oooo, Virgil's in troubllllllle~" Remus sung, his tentacles laying limp behind him, twitching every now and then.

Virgil hissed at him, but shut up when Janus looked at it.

"Do sssssit. We need to talk." Janus let go, the four arms disappearing as he sat down in his seat, Remus still grinning at him.

Virgil shrugged off its hoddie, slowly sitting down, all eyes watching the two for any signs of danger.

"SSSSSo, Thomassssss called usssss." Janus started. Virgil froze up, looking down at the steak.

One of Remus' tentacles layed on Janus' leg, a sign to calm down. Janus glanced over at him, Remus picking at his sharp teeth. Something must of been in them.

Janus cleared his throat, "Got anything to tell usss?" He asked.

"Uhh," Virgil set its fork down to fiddle with a web, "What do you want to know?"

"Well, why were you at dear ol' Tommy's place?" Remus spoke up, chomping a big bite of his steak afterwards.

"The place we originally went to eat isn't creature friendly. So I suggested we go there." Virgil closed the two top eyes so it could focus.

Remus gave it a sympathetic look for having to deal with that crap.

"Ok, then?" Janus pushed on.

Virgil looked him in the eyes, "We sat and ate."

Janus raised an eyebrow, "Oh really? I wonder why Thomasss told uss we ssshould be mindful of your choicessss." he hissed.

It was silent before Virgil sighed, "Patton and I were.. were cuddling and Thomas mistaked it as us being mates. Then immediately everyone in there started congratulating us and I couldn't deny anything. Then Patton went with it to shut them up, I played along after. We said our parents didn't know, and they assumed you guys wouldn't support it since he's... well, human."

Janus and Remus were speechless.

Then Remus burst out laughing.

Virgil went red, looking down. Remus kept laughing, Janus having a snort of his own.