Chapter Five

"Hello my darlings, how was school and work?" Janus asked, six arms out as he washed the dishes quickly.

Janus was a stay-at-home dad, while Remus went out to work. Virgil can't remember where it's father worked at, but whatever.

"Fine, made some new friends." It responded, shrugging off the backpack and immediately removing the hoodie and tank top underneath, "Ahh, that's better."

"New friends? Like- you made some actual friends??" Remus questioned, earning a smack from one of his husbands hands, "Ey!"

"Don't be a dick." Janus hissed, then turned to his child, "Who are they?" Remus rolled his eyes, heading off towards the bathroom.

Virgil sat down in its chair at the table, taking out its math homework, "Uh, one is named Roman, he's pretty cool and kinda dramatic. The other is Logan, they are non-binary and were really interested in my webs. Then there's.."

Vurgil trailed off, its mind going back to the dirty blonde boy, with adorable freckles and cute glasses, and-

"Virgil?"

"Sorry," it muttered, "the last one is named Patton. He's so small and cute and super nice."

Janus hummed, "They all sound lovely, now get your homework done and then you can go."

Virgil did a few problems, before looking up at Janus, "Hey, uh, dad?" Janus hummed in acknowledgment.

Virgil shifted in its seat, fiddling with a web, "I have a question.." Janus looked at it, frowning when he saw that Virgil was playing with its web. That means it's nervous or anxious.

Janus dried off his hands, putting his four arms behind his back as he felt them disappear and he was left with two. He took a seat across from Virgil, "Yes?"

Virgil closed all eyes but two, its legs behind it twitching, "So weird things have been happening to me whenever I'm around uh.. Patton.."

Janus rose a brow, edging it to continue. Virgil let out a frustrated hiss, "Agh! It didn't happen at first! But after I showed him the web I made, I wanted to like- hold and hug him! And I know this isn't a normal crush. This feels different from my other crushes."

"Then at lunch, it got way worse! Roman said something that 'upseted' Patton, so he clung to me and I hissed at Roman for 'hurting' his feelings."

"Th-Then I felt the need to fucking bite him! I didn't- I don't-" Virgil let out strings of hisses, glaring at the table before sighing, "I can't stay three minutes away from him without feeling so.. sad and alone.."

Janus let out a sigh, "Virgil, this is completely normal for you. Me and Remus did some research on you before we adopted you, and this is a completely normal thing. It happenes for some creatures. It did for your father too."

Virgil looked up, confused. Janus let out a laugh, "Your father felt the need to hold, hug, kiss, and bite me as well. That's something the animal part of you is doing."

Virgil looked even more confused. Janus groaned, "For fuck sakes, Virgil! You want to mark him and make him your damn mate!"

The room was quiet, the faint sound of the shower running, indicating Remus is still in there. Virgil just looked at its dad, mouth open.

"W-Wha-" Virgil shook its head, "B-But why?! W-Why him? Why n-now?" it asked pitifully. Janus ruffled the top of its hair, "Not entirely sure. You'd have to ask Remus, sweetheart."

"Ask me what?" asked a naked Remus. Luckily, he was wrapped up in a towel around his waist. Virgil let out a hiss of disgust, "Ew! Father!"

"Remus, go put some clothes on, you moron." Janus hissed out, his human side a deep red. Remus pouted, "But babe! Don't you want to come over here and suck this d-"

A chair was thrown at him.

Remus let out a yelp, groaning in pain afterwards. Fortunately, the chair was fine. "Fine, be that way." Remus mumbled, slightly limping to their bedroom.

Janus was panting, then let out a hiss of approval at getting his way. This isn't the first time a chair was thrown at Remus.

Virgil snorted, "You really need to stop throwing chairs at father." Janus' snake eye shown danger in it, "Do you wisssh to be next?" he hissed out.

Virgil squeaked, gathering it's homework and bag before quickly attaching its legs and the walls and crawling away into its room.
.
.
.
.
Virgil was dropped off at school by its dad instead, since Remus got terribly sick. Virgil bets dad bit him.

Virgil waved bye to its dad, walking over to where it saw the three. As soon as its eyes landed on Patton, it felt an overwhelming feeling of happiness and relief wash over. Patton was safe.

"Hey." Virgil hissed in greeting. Logan nodded their 'hello', Roman bowing dramatically, "And the ruler of spiders have returned to school."

Virgil rolled its eyes, "Yeah, yeah." Patton giggled, "Hey Virgil." Virgil felt a rush of pride go through it at hearing Patton say its name. It felt ever so right. It wanted nothing more than to bite him and finally mark hi. as-

"Can you hang out with us, Virgil?" Patton asked. Virgil blinked. Then realised what he meant.

Shit.

It forgot to ask Janus.

"Uh, yeah. My parents don't care." It lied, shrugging and looking at the building instead.

"Great! I'm happy you get to come." he smiled brightly, then listened to whatever Logan was talking about. The only thing in Virgil'a mind was how happy it just made him.

Virgil smiled, looking at Patton with a love sick look. No wonder it's spider part wants to claim this adorable boy. He was so freaking precious!

The look didn't go unnoticed by Roman. Roman grinned, pretending to listen to the two talking back and forth as he tried to figure out a plan.

He gasped quietly, remembering something he read in a book about creatures.

Oh yes, this will turn out amazing.