Chapter Fifteen

The four teenagers crawled out of the window in Virgil's room, Virgil helping Patton more than the other two, but they weren't offended.

It picked Patton up, Patton squeaking and clinging onto it. Virgil chuckled, "Don't worry, I'm just bringing you up there, then I'll come back for Roman and Lo."

Patton nodded, watching as Virgil dug its spider legs into the bricks, climbing up and settling Patton on the web that was up there, going back for the other two.

Roman wasn't pleased to sit in the web again, so he sat on the wood, saying he wouldn't fall. Logan was very excited to be in it again. As soon as Virgil placed them on it, they messed and experimented with it, asking questions about it.

"Is it stronger than a normal spider web?"

"I dunno. Maybe."

"Why is it less stickier?"

"I can make it as sticky as I want, I just decided not to."

"Could I cut some to take home?"

"I can just make you some if you really want."

"Yes please."

Virgil sat next to Patton, wrapping a spider leg around him, creating a ball with its webs.

"Are you always up here?" Roman asked, laying down on the roof.

Virgil shrugged, "Sometimes, but I normally don't create webs. When I do, dad makes me remove them. Scares the neighborhood kids."

"Neighbor kids?" Patton questioned.

Virgil nodded, "They are humans, amd aren't so friendly with creatures. And they are super anti-gay, which my parents are."

Logan happily took the web ball, happy Virgil made some areas more sticky then other sides, but then looked at it with a frown, "Do your neighbors own your house in a way?" they asked.

Virgil shook its head, mindlessly playing with another web.

They hummed, "Then you have every right to do whatever you wish to your house, are their children young? I suppose it would be understandable if they were below six."

"They are 17 and 15." It responded.

Roman snorted, "What, do they have a disability or PTSD or something? I don't know any 17 are 15 year olds with fears of spider webs."

Virgil shook its head again, "No, they're huge dicks though. They've broken one of my legs before-"

"They've done WHAT?!" Patton exclaimed, mortified, "They've broken a bone?!"

Virgil looked down, shrugging. Logan and Roman were equally shocked, but very pissed.

"Explain the story, please." Logan demanded.

Virgil sighed, "It was when I first came out with my pronouns. They thought it was very funny, so kept messing with me by referring to me as an object. There wasn't much I could do. The oldest one held me down while the younger one jumped on one of the bottom ones. I webbed him and bit the older's arm, poisoning him. Sadly, they won the court case and got away with it. The judge was very open about not liking creatures. I didn't get jail time though, just outside work."

"Tch," Patton started, "That's completely unfair."

Virgil shrugged again.

Roman frowned, looking at the houses, "Which house is it?"

"That one." It pointed to the house across from them.

Roman hummed, then smirked, "Hey Virge, can you help me down?"