Chapter Ten

Virgil entered the small restaurant that was near. Roman insisted on going, claiming he was hungry and wanted early lunch.

A human lady looked up at the four, but her smile flattered when she looked at Virgil. It knew this would happen.

"Table for four, please." Roman said. The lady nodded, leading them to a table.

They took their seats, Virgil and Patton sitting next to eachother as Logan and Roman sat next to eachother.

She handed them each a menu, "Can I get you drinks?" she asked.

"Water." Logan answered first. Roman nodded, "I'd like that too."

"Sweet tea, please!" Patton chirped. She looked at Virgil, scowling at it, "You?"

"Uh.. sprite.." it mumbled, looking away and wrapping its spider legs around itself.

She wrote it down, "I'll be back." she said, quickly leaving.

Virgil shuffled closer to Patton, wanting to feel safe and comfortable. Patton noticed and smiled, scooting closer too.

Roman gasped, "Oh. My. God. I'm so trying their spicy chicken noodle soup." he pointed at it, showing it to Logan.

They hummed, "I'm not sure what I exactly want, but I may get that."

Roman grinned leaning in, "We could share~" he cooed. Logan went red, clearing their throat, "Uh, yeah, sure."

Patton giggled, leaning his head on Virgil's shoulder, "I think I'm gonna get their grilled cheese, what about you?" he asked, looking up.

Virgil felt too many feelings at once. It wanted nothing more but to hold on to him forever and ever.

"I'll just have cheese sticks, not too hungry." it said, creating a web to fiddle with.

Patton frowned, "Are you sure?" he asked. Virgil nodded, twisting the webs to look like the beginning of a heart.

Patton wasn't too happy, but left it at that. He sighed, closing his eyes as he snuggled into Virgil's warmth.

He doesn't know why, but something about Virgil just draws him to it. He wants to be close to it all the time, be touched by it. It's a strange feeling, but he's trying to just focus on the warm feelings instead of the confused ones.

Virgil lightened up, wrapping an arm around him as it sat the web down. Patton smiled at the contact, shifting. He was practically sitting on Virgil's lap, just not completely.

Roman glanced over from his conversation with Logan, and beamed at the sight.

His plan was working.

It started out with the creature mate lesson, Elsa, and now this.

So what if he payed Elsa to hug Virgil? Whatever makes the two get closer until eventual marriage!

The waiter came back over, her smile forced. She sat the drinks down, putting Virgil's down with more force.

"Ready for orders?" she got her pen ready. They all told her what they wanted, her saying she'll be back with their food ready.

"Did you finish your history homework?" Logan suddenly asked Roman, Virgil and Patton were too busy talking about family stories.

Roman huffed, "Of course I did."

"Science?"

Nothing.

Logan sighed, "You can come over tomorrow and I'll help you." they stated matter of factly, leaving no room for argument.

Roman grinned, "Thanks Lo, I appreciate the help." Logan nodded, wishing they brought their book.