Chapter Nineteen

Virgil woke up, rubbing at its lowest eye. School has been boring and horrible without Patton there all the time. It swore its going insane.

This can't be how father felt with dad at all. No way. Remus could never survive it.

Though, it supposes creatures get together far more quicker than humans do.

Virgil yawned, sitting up and stretching its legs. It then stood up and walked out, looking for something to eat.

When it walked in the kitchen, it was oddly quiet. No screaming or yelling.

That's a nice change.

It made itself some toast, spreading jelly on it. Virgil sat down, pulling its phone out of its pocket.

It beamed when it saw a text from Patton.

Patton: Hey! Just wanted to know what time we're doing that date!

Virgil almost forgot about the date.

Virgil: oh, does 1:30 work for you?

It took a while for Patton to answer back. It finished eating and went back in its room, watching videos on its phone.

Patton: sounds great! I'll see you then!

Virgil felt itself grow red. This is actually happening. It is literally about to go on a date with a boy it wants to date.

What should it wear? Should it dress up formally? I mean, they're only going to Thomas' restaurant. That place isn't fancy one bit.

It'll just wear a nice shirt, even though it may just take it off.

Virgil sighed, placing its face on its bed. If it tried enough, it could faintly smell the scent of Patton.

Virgil hissed. It was going insane.
.
.
.
.
1:13

Virgil was currently walking to the restaurant. It was wearing a black t-shirt with tiny white dots, along with ripped black jeans and boots.

Virgil had the two middle eyes open, wanting to look nice and not a creepy creature.

Remus and Janus wished it luck and went to have a date of their own.

The building came into view after a few minutes, cars parked here and there.

Virgil took a deep breath, either Patton's there or its going to be first.

It opened the door, loud happy chatter ringing in its ear when it opened the door.

Thomas wasn't at the front desk, so it waited, creating a web to fidget with.

Should it of gotten Patton a gift? Maybe after lunch, they could go to a shop? It did bring a lot ot money.

"Virgil!" Thomas greeted, his face beaming, "What brings you here?"

"Uh, on a date," Virgil said with a pink face.

Thomas gasped, "With your mate?!"

"Er, yeah, with P-Patton." Virgil forgot the two were 'already dating'.

"Then I'll give you my best table! Come, this way!" Thomas lead Virgil to its table.

Ah, so Patton isn't here yet.

"Here you are! And here are two menus." Thomad said, setting the menus in the table.

"Thanks," Virgil said, taking a seat.

"I will return when your date has sat down here." Thomas smiled, walking to a different table.

Virgil nervously played with another web. What if Patton decides he doesn't like it? What if Patton regrets it, leaving it all alone?

Virgil felt sadness bubble in its chest. Why would an adorable human such as Patton like a weird, creepy creature like it? It isn't the strongest, the smartest, the kindest..

It sighed, looking up at the entrance. Maybe Patton won't come at all. Maybe Patton will make fun of it for thinking it even had a chance dating him. Maybe Patton wi-

Virgil's face exploded in a red when Patton walked in, all thoughts stopping. Holy fuck, he looks so fucking cute.

Patton walked in with a nervous smile, his hair looking more puffy and softer than usual. He was wearing a blue buttoned shirt, the sleeves rolled up. He had a sandy colored skirt on, straps attached the the skirt going over his shoulders. The bottom of the strap had a white paw print, tiny white cats at the bottom of the skirt. He had nice black dress shoes on with white socks.

Virgil forgot how to breathe.

Thomas immediately was with Patton, an excited smile on his face as he pointed at Virgil.

Virgil gulped, fumbling to fix its hair or something. Patton didn't look fancy, but maybe it should've wore something better, oh god, its fucked of shit-

"H-Hi!" Patton waved, taking a seat across of it.

"H-Hey," Virgil wanted to hug the boy, but it needed to control itself for this date.

"Uh, you l-look cute," Virgil complimented, really wishing it had a gift or something. God, it was so unprepared.

And so very, very gay.

Patton giggled, "Thank you! I bought it recently," he smoothed out his skirt. He would die of embarrassment if he told it he bought it for this very reason.

"You look handsome and nice yourself!"

"Ah, I wouldn't say so," Virgil looked at its own outfit, "I just got whatever wasn't edgy and actually looked nice, or something."

"Well," Patton opened his menu, "I think you look nice."

"Thanks," Virgil opened its own menu.

It was silent as they looked for what to eat. It wasn't awkward, but it wasn't comfortable either.

"Wanna get the pepperoni pizza and share it?" Patton suggested.

"Sure, I'll eat that," Virgil nodded.

"Sooo," Patton stood up, moving his chair so he's sitting besides Virgil, surprising the creature, "How are your parents?"

"Oh, they're fine," Virgil wrapped a spider leg around him, "They went on their own date together."

"That's nice," Patton shuffled closer, "My dad, Emile, is a therapist. So he's talking with clients sometimes on weekends."

"Emile, huh? Who's your other dad?" Virgil tried to ignore the adorable skirt.

"Remy, he works at Starbucks."

"Starbucks?"

He giggled, "Hehe, yep! He loves coffee. So what better place to work at then Starbucks?"

"I.. guess that makes sense." Virgil said.

"Mm," Patton hummed, laying his heas on its shoulder, "where would you work at?" He looked up, their faces extremely close.

"Uhm, I-I don't know, creatures having jobs is difficult." Virgil said with a red face.

"Maybe in the future it'll be better," He sighed, scooting even closer.

"Yeah.." Virgil breathed. Their lips were.. so close.

"Virgil," Patton looked up at it, then down at its lips.

"Patton?" Virgil whispered, silently asking.

Patton did the tiniest of a nod, but Virgil saw it.

They leaned closer, lips almost touching, and then-

"What do you want to eat?" Thomas asked, smiling brightly.