Chapter Three

Virgil was walking by itself, the other three had to go to their own classes after first period. Virgil sighed, wanting to dig its spider legs into the ground or something. This would normally happen when the legs haven't moved much for a few hours.

It sighed, feeling the legs twitch, itching to just stab something. But it can't do it inside, it'll ruin the floor. So outside was best. It did have a twenty minute break..

It immediately searched for a way to get out, looking around for a door. Instead, it saw its friends, all chatting happily. Maybe they knew where the closest exit is?

It walked over there, all eyes opened. Roman noticed it first, "Oh, hey Virgil!" he waved. The other two followed his gaze and smiled at it. Patton with the biggest while Logan had the smallest.

Virgil smiled, "Hey."

"We were going to go and try to find you, but we sorta got side tracked." Patton smirked, looking at the other two.

Roman huffed, crossing his arms and looking away while a blush crept up his face. Logan looked down, their smile getting bigger while thinking about what happened a few minutes ago.

Virgil raised a brow, but shrugged, "Do you guys know where the nearest exit is?" it asked, feeling the legs wanting to spaze, but it forced to legs to be as still as they could be.

Logan tilted their head, "Uh, sure follow us." They lead the way, Virgil following closely as Roman and Patton chatted behind it about doughnuts.

Not long after, it was lead to a door. Virgil let out a breath, pushing past Logan and quickly going outside. The three followed, curious about what it was going to do.

Virgil immediately took of its hoodie, now in a black tank top. It sighed, stretching out the legs, feeling the need to climb.

Patton blushed when he saw Virgil stripping the piece of clothing, looking away until he heard the sigh. Patton could only blush even deeper at the sight of it in just a tank top. It was kinda muscular.. Patton shook his head. Get those thoughs out of your head.

When Virgil stretched the legs, they seemed to be longer then previously.

Logan spoke first, "Do your spider legs ache when not having room to move?" they asked, their eyes sparkling with curiosity.

Virgil's cheeks were pink, "Uh- yeah something like that.." it looked at the school building, "Am I allowed to climb that?"

"What?" Roman asked, the three turning and looking at the building, "What, do you have to?"

Virgil nodded, "Normally I don't wear shirts, because then I have to cut holes in most of my shirts, and can just kinda.. climb around the house and web certain areas up." Virgil explained, all of its eyes focusing on the building, the legs twitching as well as its fingers.

Logan gasped, "Really? Sure, you can climb that but may I- we watch?" they asked taking out a notebook and pen they always keep in case new information was being offered. Roman would teased them, but stopped when they saw how it helped them.

Virgil's face went a bit pinker, almost a red, "Uh, I guess? It's just me doing my thing.." it walked towards the building, almost immediately digging its four spider legs, raising it up and kicking off the ground with its feet.

Virgil seemed to be in a trance, immediately creating a huge web, climbing around from one spot to the other, the legs leaving holes where they once were while shoe marks were slightly visible from its shoe.

Logan was frantically writing things down, looking up and then back down. Roman had amazement in his eyes, watching the web start to look like an actual spider web. Patton was in awe, watching every single move the creature made, how its eyes darted and the legs moved easily while webs shot out of it's finger tips.

Virgil would probably get in trouble if a teacher saw it, but it's spider part didn't care. It wanted to web something, to climb, to do anything but sit down and learn boring things.

In its old school, they had a special place for each creature to let them do their own thing. So when Virgil got like this, it could just go into its room and climb and web the place.

It was done. The web was finished. Virgil gave out a hiss of approval, settling into the web, forgetting the others were there until it heard some clapping.

Virgil shot up, nearly falling over and looking down at them. Logan was clapping the fastest, Roman had a look of amazement, and Patton jumped up and down, "That was amazing Virgil! That was so cool!"

"R-Really?" Virgil stuttered, carefully going down, getting engulfed in a hug by Patton, "Really!"

Virgil blushed, looking away when Patton let go, "Do you guys want to uh.. go up there with me?"

Logan immediately answered, "Yes!" they shouted with excitement. Virgil thought they were the serious kind. Guess not.

Roman chuckled at Logan's excitement, "That would be randy dandy and quite handy!" He posed dramatically. Virgil rolled its eyes.

Patton beamed, but then thought for a second, "Is it safe?"

Virgil smiled, "With me, yes. But I can only do one at a time." it looked up at the web.

Roman and Patton exchanged a look, "Logan can go first." Roman exclaimed, pushing the nerd forward towards Virgil.

Logan cleared their throat, "Er, thank you for letting me go up in your web." They set the notebook and pen down at Virgil's command, "Yeah, I don't mind." it shrugged.

It wrapped both of its arms around Logan, then started climbing up with a secure hold on them. Logan grabbed onto the tank top in a tight grip.

Virgil easily settled onto the web, loosing its grip on Logan so they could move around a bit.

Logan looked at the web, running their fingers through the sticky strings. "Wow.." they gasped.

A bit after, it set them down, bringing Roman up there. Roman was heavier, but the support of its legs helped. Roman wanted to get on it, but Virgil warned that he'd be stuck and it really didn't feel like removing its own web.

Then it was Patton's turn. Patton was the smallest and weighed less than the other two, so it was easier to get him up there. Virgil settled near the middle, holding the boy to his chest as Patton played with the strings.

He giggled, "They are beautiful." He looked up at Virgil. Virgil blushed, looking at the webs, "I suppose.."

Patton giggled again, pulling on the strings slightly, "Hehehe! It's sticky!"

Virgil chuckled itself, "Yeah, spider webs are indeed sticky."

The bell finally rung, indicating that everyone needs to head to class. Virgil carefully got down, setting Patton down more gently then the others.

Patton beamed, smiling widely as he looked into Virgil's two opened eyes, "Thank you."

Something in Virgil rose up. Virgil felt like it was going into another trance, but not the normal kind when it makes webs and climb. No, this one made it want to hold the small boy in front of him. It wanted to hold him and never let go, protecting it in a web. Wanting to be able to touch him whenever. Hold him. Hug him. Kiss him-

Virgil snapped out of it's trance when Roman shook it, "Come on, we gotta go you two." He smirked.

Patton nodded, hurrying after Logan. Roman watched him, then turned to Virgil, "Are you good? You seemed to like, freeze up or something."

Virgil nodded, "Yeah, just tired." Roman nodded, heading to class with Virgil following, since the two had this next class together.

Virgil was utterly confused. What the hell was that?