Part 28

Y/n opened her computer, as she sat in the kitchen with a cup of tea. She hesitated, was she ready for this? Could she really do this? Would they be mad? She exhaled, as she opened skype and found the name she was looking for.

Nervously she heard, the sound of the other person accepting the call, and a well know face appeared on the screen.

"Y/n?" the 171 cm middle blocker asked confused. But quickly her facial expression switched from confused to happy. "I never thought, I would hear from you again. Good to see you. How are you? How is the leg? Why haven't you called before? I was worried about you."

Y/n giggled a little. "Hi Nera, it's good to see you too." She looked nervously down in the keyboard, as Nera's facial expression became worried.

"No seriously Y/n how are you doing?" She asked. Y/n guessed, it was painted all over her face, how nervous she was. And even without that Nera would know, something was wrong. Y/n hadn't called her in a year, and they used to talk every night.

"Well I mean. I can't run or jump or play anymore." Y/n looked up at the screen again. How should she explain this? Should she even explain it? "But else I would say, I'm fine."

"Y/n what happened when you went overseas?" Nera didn't believe it. "You denied our calls. And even before you when away, when we came to visit you at the hospital, you almost seemed annoyed."

"Well my whole life got thrown away because of this damage, so I wanted to leave it behind. Turned out that wasn't so easy. I became sad, I mean even Talia and my parents became worried-" Y/n told, but then she noticed, that Nera seemed to be holding back a laugh. "What?"

"Your boyfriend is behind you Y/n." Nera said trying her best to hold back a laugh. "Why didn't you tell me, you had a boyfriend?!"

"Wait what?!" Y/n turned around, to see Kenma sit down by one of the tables with his PSP. She quickly turned to Nera. "He is not my boyfriend!-"

"Then why is there a boy in your room?" Nera couldn't hold her laugh back anymore and began to laugh so badly.

"THAT'S WHAT I WAS GOING TO EXPLAIN, SO JUST LISTEN TO ME YOU MEATHEAD!" Y/n yelled. She waited till Nera had overcome her outburst, before she began to explain. "First of all I am not in my room or at home. Talia forced me to help on a volleyball training camp. I resisted in the start, because I thought, I hated volleyball. But because of all these weird boys, I realised, I didn't hate volleyball, I just felt guilty, because I couldn't help you guys."

"Of Course Talia did that." Nera giggled. It was so typical Talia to do something like that. "And please don't feel guilty, you made that game possible. You scored the last point, the one we needed to enter that game. But either way, I am happy, you aren't sad anymore."

That was when Y/n noticed, the weird glaces digging into her neck from Kenma. She turned around to look at him. Of Course he would send her weird glaces, she was yelling in another language. Y/n would probably do the same. So to explain what was going on, she switched back to Japanese. "I am talking to one of my old friends."

"Nice, so why are you yelling?" Kenma responded. "Are you fighting?"
Y/n immediately felt her face go red and hid her face in her hands. How was she gonna explain, that Nera thought they were in a relationship?

"NoOoO~." Kenma could barely hear it though her hands.

-

Kenma no😂