Kondruven

Earlier that evening

She had walked home realising that he must be beyond livid if he left her behind like this..

She reached home to realise that he was not home..

Dhanam who had received her at the door had asked her where Kathir was ..she was about to say he was at the shop..but she heard Kumaresan Maama's voice and realised that the shop was to close early for the day..she mumbled something about some work and went in

She was so annoyed with her friend..she was annoyed with herself for standing there doing nothing..the problem was she was livid and might have slapped her friend and she was really not sure if she would have stopped with one..and also the whole thing had caught her by surprise

She dreaded thinking about what would happen when he came home..she remembered the last time something like this happened..he had taken off on her father not giving a damn that it was the middle of the road and people were looking..he would now be as livid as that day and he would be coming home to his room..there was no containing his rage she knew..she mentally braced herself for the tirade that was inevitable..

Back to the present

NAANUM MANUSHAN THAANE DEE!!

Mullai's head snapped up at that..

All along she expected him to be annoyed but she realised he was hurt.. for the first time she saw how such derogatory comments affected him..she realised that all his bravado was just a facade to keep this vulnerability hidden..

Upon realising this the fear that had gripped her in a strong vice loosened its grip and she was able to breathe a little more easily..

In the meanwhile Dhanam and Moorthy were knocking on the door incessantly..

Kathir inside the room was talking incessantly ..When he took a break and seemingly dozed off..she opened the door..but blocked the entrance when Dhanam tried to enter..

Mullai : Enna akka enna vishayam

Dhanam : (a little shocked) ille athu...

Mullai : Mani romba aachu ille poi thoongunga..

Dhanam : (with a confused look) enna pesura nee..intha nelamaila unne thaniya vittuttu naanga eppudi..Ippudi sonna enna artham Mullai

That was it..Mullai completely snapped..the spring of tension that was wound really tight in her all evening just sprang and she lost it completely..Though she had made her peace with the family she still had unvented exasperations..

Mullai : Neenga pannathu porumnu artham..Ithu yen vaazhkai naan paarthukkarennu artham..Yen purushana naan paarthuppennu artham..Thayavu senju kathi oora koottatheengannu artham...poruma ille innum sollanuma...(she let out a long breath).. Maama please maamaa..intha prachanaiya naan paarthukaren..innime ithu nadakkathu..

Dhanam tried to say something..Moorthy indicated to Dhanam to keep quiet..they turned around to leave

Mullai : (in a rather stern voice) appuram oru vishayam...intha vishayam Kannavukko Meenakko theriyaama irukkattum morning please..

Dhanam was dumbfounded and could only nod her head..After they left..Mullai closed the door to their room on the outside..

She went into the kitchen and prepared a concoction...She went back to the room and helped him stand up..she took him to the well area..Made him sit there and drink the concoction...it helped clear his head but also made him throw up..he definitely felt much clearer and sobered up...

Mullai : Sudu thanni vechu irukken..poi thalaikku oothittu vaanga

Kathir didnt say anything and walked to the washroom...