Pongalo Pongal !!

The PS family were at the Thottathu veedu for Pongal celebrations..

Parvathy, Murugan, Jega and Kasthury were all there as well

There had been some confusions as usual..Parvathy had taunted Meena for the lack of Pongal Seer from her parents..She was upset that the PS clan had not sent Mullai to her place for celebrating Pongal..At the temple she insisted that her daughter should keep the pongal this year..At every step there had been a commotion...After the temple visit, the men had sat down to play cards

Parvathy noticed how Meena sat close to Jeeva but Mullai sat with them looking forlorn..Her heart bled and she saw red..Kanna won the game and asked everybody to pay up...while everybody including Jeeva paid him Kathir did not have any money on him..Kanna walked up to Moorthy and asked him to pay up for Kathir..All this had played out very casually..but for Parvathy this was the last straw..

Parvathy : oru velayaattula thotha kooda kaasu annan kitta vaangi kudukkara nelamai..ivaruku poi namma ponna katti kuduthu ..(she had started off)

Mullai was getting increasingly frustrated with all this...varum bothellam ivuhala ethavathu sollitte irrukkaanga...appo avarukku yen mela kovam varatha...(she thought to herself) Intha ammakku santhoshamaave irukka theriyathu pola..cha..

The day after Pongal

Parvathy and Murugan were upset to notice that Kathir and Mullai were rather aloof with each other unlike Jeeva and Meena

They were not aware that the previous evening the Tom and Jerry couple had fought again...

On Pongal day in the early evening around 4 pm

Dhanam and Moorthy had tried to play cupid again and literally forced Kathir and Mullai to go out together..They had concocted a lot of stories for the same..

Mullai was irritated with the intervention in their life..the effort to push them together...she wanted to take her time..but time was not a luxury that she was being afforded..and she didnt like that...so she had taken off on Kathir...That he did not even understand what she was trying to tell him was even more irritating..Trying to return back she had slipped and fallen down and refused to get up despite him urging her to

Kathir was not an epitome of patience either..He knew that the person that they had been sent to meet had shifted base a long time ago..he knew this was a setup..he had not wanted to expose his anna and anni and had gone along with the charade but that was not to say he was not irate..to top it this..he completely lost it..he left leaving her stranded there

Moorthy had intervened and scolded Kathir...Kathir had apologised to a sleeping Mullai not realising the same and was now upset that despite him apologising Mullai's behaviour toward him was icy..

The tension between the 2 was palpable throughout the evening...

That night after dinner Kathir was unable to sleep for a long time..he tossed and turned around and found that Mullai was lying down but still fiddling with her mobile...

Realising that he was not going to be able to sleep..he went into the kitchen...The entire household was asleep..started preparing himself a cup of ..you guessed it TEA..

He took the cup and went and settled on the front porch..

It was a starry night...A cool breeze was blowing...It calmed him down

Kathir MV : Naana ivala en kooda kooppitten...anna anni panna vela..summa illaama...ennala eppudi thavirka mudiyalayo..athe mathiri thaan avalukkum...avvalavu ishtam illena mudiyathunnu solli ulle poga vendiyathu thaane...kooda vanthuttu ethukku sandai podanum..pesaama nadanthu iruakkalaam...seri sandaya pottuttu kelambum pothavathu paarthu nadanthu irukanum...avala sarukki vizhunthuttu...namma kaiya kudutha enthiruchu varalenna namma enna panna mudiyum...shabba oru naalaiku 100 moodai kooda delivery pannidalaam...naan paattukkum kadai veedunnu santhoshama irunthen....intha kalyanatha panni...