Nalam vaazha ennalum

Mullai lay thinking how special this Diwali had been..she had been bothered..he had again acted aloof that morning..it had felt bad when he declined the selfie..but evening had been fun..the sky rockets had been like a bucketlist item for the 3 cousins..at a young age they truly believed that they would have to save up a life time to buy one..

She smiled thinking Ashok had bought not one but 2..she felt nice thinking that he had thought of her..

Her thoughts wandered to the photo..it was a beauty..absolutely candid..they were standing in close proximity..the scrunch in the face due to the noice..the leaning into him for fear..but also the happiness and that smile that was a constant for the 10 mts that cracker had been bursting..happiness that he had found the spot for her..cared enough to do that..and effectively her thoughts came back to him

They had a strange way of doing it these days..he consumed all her waking moments..she knew something was bothering him..but from the argument between him and his mom she had learnt that leaving him alone was the best thing..

Kathir also lay awake..thinking..brooding..all the words he heard the other day..haunting him constantly..he thought of the pic..the expression on his face..the more he looked at it the more he realised how he was dependant on her for his very existence..he knew how she felt..he had heard the words and still he had done everything he did today..taken her hand..led her to a vantage point..stood really close to her..all in front of his family..cared for her despite knowing she might have nothing for him..was it an act? By him..

He was so confused..he was sorely tempted to continue as if everything was normal..he had agreed to find a way to continue his studies..he would learn to wear fashionable clothes..anything she needed..but he couldn't bear to be without her..

But he also knew it was not a unilateral decision..he would allow her a say..whatever she wanted he would give that to her..

Heaving a sigh

Kathir : Mullai..

Mullai : yennanga

Kathir : thoongalaya

Mullai : illenga thookkam varala

Kathir : konjam pesalaamaa

Mullai : ahn pesalaanga

Kathir switched on the light

He sat back on the pai..

Mullai made a move to sit down

Kathir: ille angaye iru

The gruffness in his voice..the lack of warmth in his hazel eyes..something..stopped her and she sat..

Her instincts told her this was not going to go well

Kathir : un santhosham enakku mukkiyam..antha santhosham ethuva irunthaalum..

Mullai : theriyum..pala thadavai naan athai..

He cut her

Kathir : athunaala unakku ethu santhosham tharumnu thonutho antha mudiva nee edukkalaam..naan kurukkula vara maatten

Mullai was confused

Kathir : vaazhkai muzhukka nadikka mudiyathu..eppovaavathu athu virakthila thaan mudiyum..pudikkama santhoshama irukkara mathiri nadichi..evvalavu naalaikku..

Pudikkaamala..nadikkaraaraa..Mullai couldn't understand

But her heart broke..

Mullai : neenga soldrathu

Kathir : sollitten..appuram un ishtam..intha nadippaye vaazhkaiya ethukkarthunaalum seri..ille nee vera entha mudivu eduthaalum seri

He lay down saying that..