Kodaikanal - Day 3 - The Dinner Date

The doorbell rang

It was Kanna and Dhanam calling them for dinner..

Time was 7:30 already...

Kathir : ille anni..neenga ponga..naanga late ah thaan lunch sappittom..naanga appurama room ke order pannikkarom..

Dhanam : dei..saapdaama irukkatheenga..Mullai neeyum thaan..seri ya..thalai vali pochu ille..nalla rest edunga...naalaikku seekkiram kelambanum..

They left

Mullai was surprised...they had had an early lunch...the bhajjis had been soon forgotten once they started reading..and would have gone cold now..truth be told she was hungry...but strangely he had not even asked her...she was surprised..he was normally not like this...

She was unaware that he had plans...

Kathir : Athu unakku pasikkutho

Mullai : lesa thaan..athu parava ille

Kathir : ille athu...annikku ponom ille night walking mathiri..antha mathiri polaamnu yosichen..naalaikku thirumbi poiduvomla athaan...un kitte kekkaama sollitten

Mullai : ada polaamnga..jolly ah irukkum ille...Naan ready aagattuma?

She came out in a while..Kathir's heart skipped a beat when he saw her in the salwar that he had gotten her..

She looked beautiful in an off white kurta with pink detailing on it...she had matched it with pink leggings and a pink floral printed cotton duppatta...but that was not all..her hair which was always braided was cascading like a black waterfall.. she had taken just a few tendrils and pinned them securely leaving the rest of her mane free to flow...Subtle make up that just enhanced her beauty..the kohl smudged below her lower waterline just added the right amount of smokiness..the pinkness added to her lips the right amount of allure..the natural blush to her cheeks..individually tiny details when they joined forces was enough to topple a man..

Kathir : Azhagi (he muttered)

Mullai : ahn ennanga..

Kathir : Onnum ille

Mullai : etho sonna mathiri irunthuchu

Kathir : ille nee kelambitta naanum poi ready aarennu sonnen..

Kathir was soon ready himself..

He spoke to Shekar and borrowed his bike...

Mullai : enga nadanthu polayaa..

Kathir : ille annikku chumma walking ponom..aana innikku saapdana kooduthal time aagumla athaan..

Mullai : ahn seringa..

They left after taking the keys from Shekar..he also suggested a nice romantic spot where they could have dinner..It was a Tapas style restaurant with mostly finger food that was unlimited and served on the table once you paid a one-time entry fee..

Kathir had instead on a bike because he remembered her diary entry - A bike ride with my husband..

Well he be damned if he took her back home without fulfilling at least one of her wishes after their first trip together..

They looked a vision..He was in a black trouser and a pink shirt...

He slowly rode to the place suggested by Shekar..

A small little cozy place...intimate music...discreet tenders who appeared out of nowhere to refill their plates promptly when empty..but otherwise disappeared to give them their space...

Once they served all the variety once..they came back asking for repeat preferences..

Mullai was the one who ordered for both..