Malailirunthu Madu!!

The next day in the morning Kathir woke up early...he wanted to bring the bike that they had left in the shack and give it back to Shekar

He looked at his sleeping wife..and a smile automatically formed in his lips..while it happened he had not realised it..but now when he thought about it..

iruttu satham na enakku bhayam she had told him..yesterday there had been darkness..pitch darkness that you couldn't see just a feet away..the sound from the thunder was enough to wake the dead...it had been quiet the light and sound show...

but she had been ok..she had told Shekar ivuha irunthaaha ille...it was a huge moment for him...the trust she had..oh she was scared..but that had more to do with anxiety on when the rain would stop..getting back to the hotel safely..not catching a cold or a fever..but had the need arose she would have stood there the whole night as long as he was with her...

His mind wandered to the moments right before Shekar arrived..he was so grateful for the help..but timing wise it had been so ill
timed..just 2 mts he couldn't help thinking..if only Shekar had arrived 2 mts later

Her face, her eyes..that memory would be etched in him for a long time..she looked so ethereal...everytime there was a lightning flash..he had seen that flash in her eyes..her lips parted she had looked at him..he hadnt needed any invitation really..for the first time yesterday he had been ready to take what was his..stake his claim..but...oh that but

Once they came back to that room it had become about changing out of the wet clothes..drying themselves..changing into warm clothes..the harsh reality made all the more real by the harsh unnatural lighting in the room..the whirring of the hair dryer..she collected all their clothes and laid them out to dry in the balcony..the moment had been lost..

She slowly stirred in her sleep..he went in to freshen himself..

By the time he came out she was up..

Mullai : ivvalavu seekkiram enthuruchutteengala

Kathir : ahn amaam..vandi ya eduthuttu varalaamnu..

Mullai : naanum varattuma (she asked eagerly)

Kathir : hey ippo thaane enthuricha ethukku veenaa..nee tea kudichuttu kelamba ready aagu

Mullai : ( her face fell) seringa..

Kathir started towards the door and she behind him to lock the door behind him..

But once at the door..

Kathir : seri varanumna kelambu..fresh aayittu vaa..naan wait pannuren..

Mullai went into the bathroom to have her bath with a skip and a hop..while she was in there Kathir had folded all the clothes in the balcony..they were almost dry but not completely..he put them in a separate cover for he knew they would start smelling..

Mullai came out..got ready and they left..

They walked absorbing the freshness of the morning air..of his own accord his hand found hers..they walked in amiable silence..

They reached the shack..Kathir wheeled the bike out and was about to straddle it..

Mullai : enga oru photo eduthukkalaama..

Kathir nodded his head

They stood in front of the shack..Something in him changed and he placed his hands on her shoulder..both were able to see the other in the phone display...he wore a coy smile..