Chapter 14

Giovanni's POV

I slumped down my chair and greeted the gentlemen goodbye.

"See you at the hotel, signore"

I nodded and closed my eyes.

After a few hours, we finally finished that damned meeting. 

"The car is ready sir, and as instructed Mr. Elliot left your suit at the hotel."

I nodded and went outside. We went inside the car and I remembered the request I asked to get this morning.

"Ah, Jeremy did you get the thing I asked you to get?" 

"Ah yes signore, it's in the hotel. Together with your suit."

I nodded and checked the time. 7:50 

The party starts at 8:30. That's enough time for me to get ready. 

Ten minutes later, the limo pulled up in front of the hotel. I went out of the car and went straight inside. I saw a lot of men and women who are dressed formally for tonights event. 

A blonde woman, dressed formally, probably in her mid 20's approached me and wrapped her arm around mine.

"Ah signore de la spades! You look very handsome today! and you seem to be missing a date shall I accompany you to Signore Ziano's Birthday party?" she wrapped her arms around me.

This bimbo is all over me. I could feel her plastic boob on my arm. I shook her off my arm.

"Let me go, mi stai dando fastidio." and walked to the elevator. 

(Let me go, you're annoying me.)

Today is Ziano Fanco's 49th birthday. He's my father's right hand. My father's company was inherited by him, since that pathetic excuse of a father left us with nothing except the Famiglia.

 When I was just starting out as a business man, I was bewildered about it. I asked him for helped, and he so rudely declined my calling, and sent me out his so called company. T

That was the last time I asked anyone's help. And when I was declared the richest man on earth, that asshole crawled his way to me. Saying he's my father's Bestfriend, and how he always helped my father and how I should help him. Like I'd give a fuck, and every year since the declaration, he always invited me to his party but I never came, except today. I figured Miognette needed the exposure as my wife er fiancé.

The word sound so new to me. Fiancé. What happened in the hotel back in Rome, my anger got the best of me and it got me acting foolish, and when we were in the car, on our way to Florence, 

"Why are you doing this to me? Why do you badly want to marry me? Can't you just find someone way better than me?" 

Her words struck me. Why indeed? why was I so attracted to her? But that all has been answered when I knew what her mother was before she gave birth to her. 

I never believed in faith, but maybe-just maybe, this is one.

*ding* 

I exited the elevator, and into the hotel room provided for me as a guest here.

I turned the door knob and went inside. The room was empty.

I gave Jeremy a confused look.

"They're on their way sir." 

I sighed and went inside the bathroom to have a quick shower and get ready.

A few minutes have passed and I'm finally done putting my suit on, but I can't seem to get this necktie straight.