Chapter 21

Miognette P.O.V.

♠︎

We finally arrived at the place. It was a garden type resort with amazing rare trees and shrubs.

Gio opened the door for me and I got out. We went inside the hotel and we later got separated cause I had to change and so does Gio.

Mr. Abruzzi and I, together with his team, went inside a room and I changed into a more casual yet elegant suit. He later retouched everything from hair to body glitters.

A few minutes after, I finally saw Gio in front of the door that leads to the party. Judging from the commotion, everyone was already eager to meet and Greet us.

I stood by the door quite nervous from everything and Gio must've sensed my discomfort cause he squeezed my hand and said,

"Hey. You married me now. That means you're a De la Spades. Hold your head high and be proud." He said arrogantly

I know the way he said that was too egotistical but somehow it made me calmer. It made me at peace and as If his words were magic the discomforting feeling was washed away and was replaced by confidence.

As soon as the doors opened, the huge event room was filled with howls and applause. Sure some silent curses were thrown from the ladies but I didn't care.

We walked over to the front where a table was set for us. Gio pulled the seat for me and I obliged.

"Signore e signori. Welcome to the wedding reception of our dear Mr. and Mrs. De la Spades." The host said in a joyful tone.

As the host was sharing a few welcoming words, my eyes wandered around the room.

It was huge and the decoration was fantastic. It was every lady's dream.

I thought as I continued to wander my eyes. But despite the breathtaking view, my eyes stopped to see two familiar brown-haired girls.

My eyes widened to see Rosa and Freddie, and Rosa probably sensed my stare, she turned her head towards me and smiled. She nudged Freddie and pointed at me. Freddie pushed glasses towards her face; smile and waved at me.

I returned their greeting and thought,

What the hell are they doing here?

"I invited them. You know since they were your friends." Gio said seeing both of them.

"And how do you expect me to explain my 'luxurious' transformation from a maid to a wife?" I said half shouting, half whispering.

"You'll handle it." He said and took the champagne glass and drunk from it.

Fuck.

The program was fun, it took my mind off of the girls for a sec. But that came back when It was time for dinner.

Gio took me by the arm and made me meet people whose names I already forgot. Each and single one of them was simping for him. I finally broke off of Gio's grasp when I asked to go to the bathroom.

I was on my way from the bathroom when a girl called out my name, I turn to see Rosa, wearing a white crepe dress with black heals and Freddie, a black plain short dress, walking towards me.

"Mrs. De la Spades!" She greeted. I was about to explain when Freddie cut me off.

"We're sorry! We should've known." She apologized, their heads bowed towards me.

"What?" I asked questioningly

"We should've known you were going undercover to see how your employees would work." She said timidly.

Was I a coward? yes. Was I gonna use that excuse instead of telling the truth? Hell Yeah.

"Yes! Of course! Undercover." I said faking a laugh.

"We truly are sorry Mrs. De la Spades." They said and bowed their heads again.

"No! Don't you dare bow your heads to me? You were the first people who made me smile in that hotel. I consider you guys my dear friends and please drop the Mrs. De la Spades, I told you to call me Mio." I said sternly.

Them probably knowing I won't take no for an answer, Agreed.

I was chatting with them when Giovanni called me to come to meet a guest.

I excused myself to the girls and they giggled in response saying they will raid the buffet. I laughed at their reply and went to Giovanni.

He was talking to this old man, and two young girls -about my age- was behind the old man. Completely stripping Gio with their eyes.

"Ah, conoscere mia moglie, Miognette De la Spades." He said

(Ah, Please meet my wife, Miognette De la Spades.)

I smiled at the old man and he returned it.

"incontrare le mie figlie, Karen and Restivia." He said 

I gave the girls a smile but all I got in return was an eye roll from both girls.

"Quindi Questa è la puttana che ha rubato il mio principe." She whispered to her sister not knowing I can understand her.

(So this is the whore who stole my prince.)

Gio was about to call her out but I stopped him. Having an even better idea in mind. 

I grabbed Gio by the necktie and kissed him in front of the ladies. He smiled between our kisses knowing what I'm doing, luckily he went with the flow. He snaked his arm around my waist and grabbed my ass.

I opened my eyes while kissing Gio and narrowed my eyes as a warning.

I broke our kiss and walked towards the girls,

"puoi chiamarmi puttana, cercatrice d'oro.." I said in Italian.

(You can call me a whore, a gold digger...)

I walked back to Gio and wrap my arm around his and rest my shoulder against his arm.

"e...puoi anche chiamarmi signora De la Spades."

(And..You may also call me Mrs. De la Spades)

I said and planted my heel. I flipped my hair and spun. 

"You weren't kidding when you said you were fluent in 10 languages." Gio said Jokingly.

"Told you." I replied and we left the scene.

♠︎

HELLO BELLEZZE!! I had to redo this chapter because this specific chapter was somehow deleted. It must've been my mistake, BUT! I rewritten the story based on my memory.