Chapter 18

Miognette's POV

3 hours of changing stores, changing clothes and showing Gio later, and I am exhausted. I tried asking Giovanni to stop, but this maniac didn't show any intention.

"Can we please take a break! We have been running around this mall for 3 hours! My legs are killing me" I complained. He has no idea how hard it is to walk in these heels.

I was following behind him having 10 paper bags looped around my arm. I offered to carry the rest because the suits and maid that went with us already had a lot on their hands. Why? CAUSE THIS DEMON WON'T STOP.

"Alright. Let's take a break there." He said turning to me and pointing at this expensive looking 2 story cafe. 

"Thank god!" I exclaimed in relief.

If we continued doing whatever we were doing, I think I would have died. We went inside and I instantly raced to the nearest chair and boy did the chair felt great. Giovanni went and sat on the seat in front of me. 

When I turn to look around, I saw all the people inside was staring at me. Now that I think about it I look like his maid, since I was wearing my uniform. They must be confused why me, specifically, was sitting down with him and the rest of them was not.

I instantly got insecure about how I look and decided to get up and move to another table, but Gio grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" He asked

"The other table?" I said pointing at the table beside his.

"Why?" He asked still holding my hand. The heat from his hand transversed through my entire body. 

"I figure I look like a maid, might as well act like one." I said

He gave me an *are you stupid look* and I rolled my eyes seeing his reaction. 

 "Sit down. You're my fiancé, in a few days time you're gonna be a De la Spades. In that name we take pride in everything we do. And that includes whatever we wear. " He said and pulled me down to sit. 

When he said that my heart skipped a beat. I blushed at the thought of being his wife. but the thought of wearing the maid uniform really made me uncomfortable. He must've noticed my discomfort, because he grabbed clicked his hand. Signalling for the maid. He took one paper bag from the maid and gave it to me. 

"If you're really that uncomfortable, then here. Go change. There's a bathroom to your right." He said 

I gave him a confused look. I though we was shopping for someone and he needed me to model for them.

"Why are you giving these to me?" I asked

"Because they're yours?" he replied and gave me a look as if I'm stupid.

"What? No! I can't take them. They're too expensive." I fought.

He just stared at me. After a few seconds of that. He showed no intentions of losing. I simply sighed and grabbed the paper bag from his hand. I walked to the bathroom and all I could feel was everyone's eyes following me. Judging my every move.

 I went inside the bathroom and changed into this beautiful, white loose dress. The sleeve was shoulder length and it had a low V cut. I was gorgeous. I fixed my hair and went outside. When I did murmurs filled the cafe. 

I scrunched my nose when I saw no one was seated at our table, but it seemed food was already served. I asked Jeremy where was Gio, and he said he went outside. 

This is it! This is my time to escape from him. I went outside telling Jeremy I would go find him.

"Signora that won't be necessary." he defended.