Going to Hogwarts

Harry POV

One day we're stuck in that old cottage and the next day we're in this place called Diagon Alley. Apparently, we get our school supplies from here. We got a wand, robes, and Hagrid surprised us with pet owls! I could tell that Y/N was a little bit nervous. She doesn't like the scar on her lip and she feels that it makes her look weird. So the whole time we were here, she was letting her hair cover her face.

Time skip to the train------

Y/N POV

"Sorry Harry, Y/N! Dumbledore is going to want to see me. Your train leaves in ten minutes. Here's your tickets and its very important that you stick to it." Harry started reading his ticket, looking confused.

"Nine in three quarters? But there must be a mistake. It says platform nine and three quarters. How are we supposed to-"

"Harry, he left." I interrupted.

"Oh. Well how do we get to this platform?"

"Maybe it's between platforms nine and ten?" I suggested.

"Oh don't be silly. That would be impossible! Lets go ask that man over there." Harry started walking over to the man and asked his question. All the guy did was laugh at him and walk away.

"Harry, why don't we go over there? We can ask those people what to do. I overheard them talking about muggles, and isn't that what wizards and witches call 'nonmagical' people?"

Harry agreed and we walked over. Wait a minute. They ran through the wall! I knew it!!!

"Excuse me? Can you tell us how to, um, how to-"

"How to get on the platform?" We nodded and she said we had to run at the wall.

"Ummm. You first Y/N."

"Your scared aren't you? Fine I'll go first." I thanked the woman for her help and ran through the wall. In front of me a saw many people and I suddenly felt nervous. I don't want them to see me! What if they think I'm weird?

I waited for Harry to get to the other side and we walked in the train. We sat in an empty compartment and started taking about everything. About how we went from being at the Dursleys to going to a place called Hogwarts. Of course, I didn't forget to brag to him about how I was right about the platform.

"Excuse me? Do you mind if I sit here? All the other compartments are full." This boy looks familiar. I believe his name was.. Ron? I think thats what the woman said.

"Yeah you can sit here with us. Your name's Ron, right? And that was your mum helping us to the platform?" I wanted to make a friendly introduction. He seemed nice.

"Yeah, Ron Weasley. My mum was happy to help you! What're your names?"

Harry answered for me. "Harry and Y/N Potter. It's nice to meet you Ron."

Ron's jaw dropped and looked at the both of us in shock. He then looked at our scars for confirmation. "You're- you're Harry and Y/N Potter! Oh wow I can't believe it! Are- are we friends?"

This one I didn't let Harry answer. "Yeah we could be friends! You seem really nice!"

"Oh wow! I'm friends with Harry and Y/N Potter!"

I got up out of my seat and excused myself to change into my robes. When I came back to our compartment, I decided to take a nap until we got to Hogwarts.

-----------------------------------------

Ron POV

Harry and Y/N were asleep when we arrived. I took a moment to study Y/N's features. She looked so peaceful when she slept. She was kind of cute. Of course, its only the first day of Hogwarts, so I want to become closer to her and then make my move. Its the obvious thing to do, obviously.

I shook them awake and we got up and left our compartment. Harry and Y/N went over to some giant man and said hello. The first years got to take a boat ride to the castle. When Y/N heard that she looked kind of nervous. Maybe thats just because of the amount of people and the sorting and stuff. I chose to ignore it.

------------------------------------------
Y/N POV

"Well it looks like the rumors are true. The Potters have come to Hogwarts!" A blonde haired guy said. I was slightly hidden from his view, for I was standing behind Harry. I get a little bit nervous when around large groups of people but it's gotten better.

"The name's Draco. Draco Malfoy." I heard Ron snicker and turned around to glare at him. He seemed almost shocked as I did so. "What? So you think my name's funny? Huh? Well no need to ask for yours. Red hair and a hand me down robe? Must be a Weasley. You two may find that it is best to not pair yourselves with the wrong sorts of people. I can help you with that." He says as he extends his hand to us.

"Well, Malfoy, I think we'll do just fine without your help." I said while coming more into view. He stared at me with an expression that I couldn't read and his jaw slightly dropped. Not wanting to be rude, I quickly added "But I'll be glad to be friends anyway" while shaking his hand. I could see a small blush creeping onto his face as he quickly turned his head.

That's when Harry's overprotective brother part of him came to life. It was quite embarrassing really. He pulled me behind him and said "Stop looking at her like that! I will not allow my sister to go hanging around with you! Who knows what you might do to her?!" I tried to talk some sense into him but he wouldn't listen. "Harry, I'm just trying to be nice-" "No!" "Harry we're only eleven-" "I don't care!" He then proceeded to pull me away from him as far as he could get. By then, everyone in the hall was looking at us. I just put my head down and hid behind Harry.

A woman got everyone's attention and started the sorting. At last, it was Harry's turn. They called him up and placed the hat on his head. It started saying something but I couldn't hear what. After what seemed like an eternity, it finally yelled "GRYFFINDOR" and I watched as Harry walked over to the table that was cheering.

"We got a Potter!" someone yelled, causing everyone, except Slytherin, to laugh. 

"Y/N Potter." The woman said and the hall went silent. I never liked attention. It just made me feel uncomfortable. I slowly walked over to the stool and they placed the hat on my head.

"Hmmmm.. I see we have another Potter, then. You're a quiet person, but you speak up when needed. You sometimes fight for what you want. You're passionate about the things you love. You're also very sly and sneaky when doing certain things but brave as well... This can only mean, GRYFFINDOR"