Christmas Feast

Y/N POV
I woke up really nervous thinking about the day ahead. Today was the Christmas feast, the feast that says 'bye for now' to those leaving for break. I was staying at Hogwarts for break. I wasn't sure about the trio but I knew I was going to be alone either way. Draco, Neville, Dean, and Seamus were all leaving so I had no one to be spending time with. Unfortunately, we still had to attend classes. Fortunately, my only class was Potions, which was in the morning. I quickly showered and changed into my robes. Hermione glared at me before she left. Apparently, we weren't allowed to change dormitories, so I was stuck with constantly being glared at all the time.

I decided to skip breakfast and go for a run around the quidditch field. I started off in a jog, but as I went deeper in thought, I went faster. Yes, it was unhealthy for me to do this, as I was running without breaks or water, and on an empty stomach, but it just felt right. It made me less stressed. I checked the time and saw that I had five minutes until Potions. I ran as fast as my legs would take me and hurried down to the dungeons. Luckily, I got there just as Snape entered the classroom and I made my way to the only seat left. It was next to Harry. As I sat down, he moved his chair farther from me. They still hadn't told me what I've done wrong, so we were still not on speaking terms. We were told to make a simple Potion and mine was the best in the class. Snape dismissed everyone and I stayed behind.

"What do you need Ms. Potter? I assume you have classes to get to."

"Actually, I don't. My classes are finished for the day, which is why I'm asking if I could stay in your class and help around with stuff and get a head start on next semester." He looked impressed as I finished. He didn't have a class to teach until the next hour, so he taught me new brewing techniques, and how to make better Potions. He also taught me how to make extremely advanced potions that we weren't supposed to learn until 5th year. I thanked him and cleaned my section.

He went in his office so I decided to clean up a bit. I started with the floors, then the shelves. I then organized the potion ingredients alphabetically and did the same with the potions books. When he came out of his office, he looked amazed. I told him of what I've done so far and asked if he needed me to do anything else.

"Well, a key to learning is to teach. Would you mind helping me teach the next class? It will give you a better idea of how to explain things." He suggested

"That would be amazing! Thank you so much!" I thanked. I sat down in a chair next to Snape desk and started thinking. I realized that I wasn't going to enjoy teaching class because the trio had a double Potions day. It just so happened that I would have to help the class they were in. I didn't let that out me down and started thinking of ways I could teach and started studying a potions book.

Snape opened the door and students filed into the classroom. As they took their seats, they noticed me, all of them looking confused as to why I was there. Snape shut the door and went up to the front of the room.

"As you can all see, I have Ms. Potter with me today. She is going to help teach this class some potions along side me and she is willing to help those who are struggling." Harry looked annoyed, 'Mione scoffed, and Ron had a look of evil plastered all over his face. I chose to ignore it. He started to explain the potion that the class would have to make and thankfully, it was one that I had mastered when he was helping me.

I went around helping people. First was Neville, who looked slightly embarrassed. I explained to him exactly what he needed to do and stayed with him to make sure he was brewing it right.

"Professor Snape! I-I've brewed this potion correctly! It didn't explode!" Neville exclaimed. Everyone gasped, knowing that Neville always messed up his potions and ended up making it explode somehow. Snape looked shocked for a moment before turning to me.