Changing Snape

I was at the Dursley's, in my cupboard when I heard yelling. I slowly walked out to see Uncle Vernon in front of a shattered vase.

"Hey you! Come over here girl! Why did you break this?!" I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. He punched me across the face and I fell to the floor. Harry came running over.

"Hey! Let her go!" Vernon just pushed him to the side and had Dudley keep a hold on him. He was forced to watch as I was beaten and whipped. Blood was pouring down my back and seeping through my already cut shirt.

"No! Please stop! No, please no!" I yelled.

I was suddenly shaken awake by a worried Hermione. Off to the side stood Professor McGonagall. I was shaking and covered with sweat.

"Y/N what happened? You were thrashing around and screaming."

"Oh um.. nothing's wrong. Just a flashback, that's all." I said as I pulled her into a hug. McGonagall left the room and I then noticed the time. It was 3 in the morning.

"Sorry for waking you up, 'Mione. You should go back to sleep. We have a few hours left." She nodded and slowly climbed into her bed and said a quiet 'Good night' and drifted off to sleep. I decided to get up and do something productive, since I didn't feel tired anymore.

I got up and took a cold shower. I then got dressed, did my hair and brushed my teeth. I decided to go on a run on the quidditch field. It had become a normal thing within all the weeks of the trio going against me. It just released a lot of stress. I still had a lot of time before breakfast, because it was only 3:30. I took off my shoes and quietly made my way to the field. I learned that this was super helpful, because it would make less sound.

I put my shoes back on and started running at a slow pace, as always. Then as I kept thinking, I sped up more, as always. Then I was running at maximum speed. This is how it always happened. I would start off slow and end up really tired. But I didn't mind that much. I had become very fast and could outrun a lot of people.

"Y/N, I believe you should be in the Great Hall right now. People might be wondering where you are." I turned around to see Snape standing a few feet away from me. I moved closer and decided it was best to not tell him much.

"Not really, but thanks for warning me!" He looked at me with eyebrows raised.

"What do you mean 'Not really'?" He asked.

"It's nothing." I said, and put up a mask. One that I had used often. I never liked showing emotion, but I learned that it's good to show some emotion every once and a while. I did that yesterday with Hermione so this was not one of those times. He raised his eyebrows and I felt a weird feeling. Almost like something was tugging something in my head. *flash* I saw 'Mione sneer at me.

I gasped and pushed the thought away, almost as if I was removing it from my memory, but not really. I felt the tugging feeling leave. Snape looked at me in shock.

"What? What did I miss?"

"You just performed Occlumency.. without any training or knowing what it is! Not even some of the most talented wizards and witches can learn this, and at such a young age!" He spoke. He almost sounded proud.

"What's Occumancy?"

"It's Occlumency. If you aren't doing something with your friends, I would like you to come to my classroom at 7, so I can further explain it and have you practice. This is a very important skill that could help for the future." I saw him leave, as he turned on his heals and walked away. What just happened?

I quickly remembered about breakfast and ran to the Great Hall. 'Mione was already there so I sat beside her.

"What took you so long? When I woke up you weren't there and I was worried that something happened, because your not a morning person and I thought you were waiting for me." She said in one breath.