Chapter 1: Angels from heaven

Angels from heaven

Three months later...

The warm wind blew my face giving me more sticky feeling. Nagpakawala ako ng malalim na hininga bago tumingala. Nagkukulay kahel na ang langit at natutuwa akong may nakita pa akong lupon ng ibon.

I guess they're going somewhere nice, a place where they can rest peacefully.

I heave a deep sigh trying to hinder the heavy feeling that's trying to seep in my system again. Inilibot ko ang aking paningin sa ibaba. No signs of living and the dead around my area.

Hindi ko alam kung nasaan sila. Even those crazy dogs. Baka naging pet na sila ng mga changers ngayon. That sounds cool! And horrifying...

Yes! Infected were called Changers. Because they are the result of the virus that changed the world. Sila ang bumago ng mundo. But the truth is, they are just victims. We are all victims of the ruthless ones. The ones who made the virus.

I've been living in this rooftop for almost two weeks now. I don't stay in one place for too long. Mas delikado ang buhay mo kung magtatagal ka masyado sa isang lugar. Pagkatapos ng ilang araw ko na pamamalagi sa bahay namin, I decided to leave. Kung magmumokmok ako doon ay mamatay ako sa gutom at lungkot. But now, I regret leaving my home.

Tatlong araw na akong hindi nakakaligo dahil tumigil muna ako sa paglabas nang may mga buhay akong nakita noong nakaraan.

I find them more scary than the dead. Oo. 'Yong mga buhay ang tinutukoy ko. Nowadays, they become more aggressive and desperate for resources.

I can see the sun slowly going down from here.

Another scary night to bear, another day awaits.

I chose to live alone. Pagkatapos ng lahat na nangyari, mas pipiliin kong maging mag-isa. This way, hindi ko kailangan ang pahintulot ng iba kung aalis ako, wala akong ibang aalahanin at poprotektahan. At...

At hindi nila ako maiiwang mag-isa.

Cleo was with me when we reached my house. He was with me when I found out that my parents are dead. And I was left alone after I killed him. Para akong mababaliw nang mga panahong iyon. I started questioning God. I was desperate to get away from the pain that killing myself became an option. Ilang araw kong ininda ang sakit ng katawan ko at ang lungkot at sakit dahil mag-isa ako. Every night, I can hear their groans and shrieks. I was silently crying in one corner praying for them to go away. I slept with pain and woke up aching. I was all alone.

Days after enduring all those things, I managed to get out of the house. Para akong nakikipaglaro ng tagu-taguan sa mga changers. Kung saan-saan ako napadpad. Kahit nakakatakot ay pinili kong maging matatag. Then I came across a couple.

They let me stay in their hiding place. We stayed together for two days before they left me alone again. They decided to end their lives.

I thought I became numb that time but I felt the pain again. Lesser pain but it still hurts. Hindi ko na alam kung ano na ang magiging bukas ko.

And so I move to a different place and found another survivors. Karen and her younger sister, Kath. We stick together for a week. We witnessed how worst the world had become. We saw a group of male survivors and how they killed other survivors and steal their belongings. Nang mga panahong iyon ay alalang-alala ako sa kaligtasan namin. I realized that I can't just trust someone right away. One day, as we were finding something to eat. Kath was bitten and I saw how scared she was. Of course, sino bang hindi. She was just fourteen, ako nga na ilang taon ang tanda sa kanya ay parang mababaliw sa takot. Sya pa kaya. Karen did the right thing. She ended her sister's agony. We were left together but another horrible thing happened. We were chased by a horde of changers and she saved me. Then again... I was left alone.