Eight

"Explain. Now." I growled out and they stepped back a little, nervously. 

"Well," Donny started, "I just missed you and I-we thought we could help out!"

Fire rolled his eyes and I shook my head disapprovingly. 

"Do either of you even know where we are?" I raised my eyebrows looking at the two men who looked around, desperately trying to figure it out. 

There were gods all over and we were about a minute's walk from a gigantic stadium that had a glass dome so tall you couldn't see the top of it. The ground was mainly rock with no vegetation and there was a huge bar and a preparation building across from the dome. 

I noticed a few of the gods eyeing me as they walked by, clearly remembering me from my past fights. I even recognized a couple of men that I'd fought giving me dirty looks, even gods were sexist sometimes. 

The both looked at me in confusion making Fire roll his eyes again. 

I sighed, "This is the god fighting planet, where gods come to battle each other! This is where all the strongest and violent ones gather to beat the shit out of each other!" 

They both looked around a little with both dread and curiosity flashing through their auras. Dumbasses. 

"Oh..." Killian mumbled, looking down at his feet, clearly intimidated while Donny just kept his sheepish smile. 

"Do you both wish to die? Is that is? Because even the weak gods could kill without trying! We're here for a very important reason, we don't have time to babysit you guys to make sure that no one accidentally bumps into you and breaks all the bones in your body!" 

"We'll be fine." Donny said, waving his hand nonchalantly and I just huffed in frustration. 

"Fine, whatever, but don't blame me if you die." I said, pointing at them, making them very uneasy. Throughout the conversation Fire was completely silent, just watching with a stoney face. 

"Lets go" 

I started towards the stadium and Donny caught up to keep pace with me, almost jogging next to my quick paces. I walk fast when I'm annoyed. 

"So, where are we going?" 

"I need to talk to my friend about some suspicions I have." 

"Well that was cryptic." 

"Thanks." 

"Tell me."

"No."

"Whyyyy?" Donny wined, dragging his feet. I could hear Killian and Fire groaning in annoyance at our stupid argument behind us but I couldn't bring myself to care. 

"Because I said so." 

"BEcAusE I SaID sO" He mocked making me glare at him. 

"Do you have a problem with that?" 

"Yes. What are you gonna do about it?" 

"You realize you're egging on a god right now right?" 

"So what if I am? Its not like you're a strong one. Even I could beat you." 

"OH?! BRING IT ON!" I said, stopping and turning to him. 

He pushed out his chest defiantly and I was ready to hit him. Not hard enough to kill him of course, maybe just a little black eye or maybe a quick broken nose. 

Just as I was about to knock the smug look off of Donny's face I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a gigantic man, by the way he shone gently I could tell he was a star. He was bald and fairly pale with a scar running down his jaw. He was towering over me and his face showed absolutely no emotions.