Forty-One

I was on my way back to Klaus to confront him. This flashback made it way too clear that I am Eclipse and the prisoners weren't lying. In the memory I explained events that were so specific and even brought up Jen, Jamie, Henry and Donny.

I took a single step towards the castle to confront Klaus when my lights began flashing in front of my eyes again.

I was suddenly in some sort of dark intense dungeons, deep underground.

I walked confidently down the halls, past all the people screaming at me in rage, not paying them any attention, and to the end of the hall where we held our most horrible prisoners. The stars that were caught sabotaging my life on Earth.

I began interrogating them, torturing them with such skill it shocked me, squeezing the information out of them forcefully.

"Who ordered you to ruin my life? Tell me and I won't kill you." I said and they whimpered.

Zeus had told me Ares was the one that ordered for my life to be ruined but I just couldn't believe him. I couldn't. I was about to go back home to Ares, to tell him I love him, move in with him and spend the rest of our lives together.

I was even going to tell him my secret. My biggest weakness.

Stars, while they could live for millennium, weren't quite immortal. If I killed them, their star would blow up right along with them and they would never come back. Their souls would be recycled, like humans, but they would never come out even close to the same. Not looks or personality wise.

"I-It was..." One started but stopped itself right before giving the name.

"Who?" I asked calmly, but the malicious glint in my eye and and cold, terrifying smirk on my face told them just how far I'd go to get the information.

"Ares." He finally breathed out and my heart stopped. "It was the god of war. He was so filled with pride and he convinced us you'd be a danger if we let you get too powerful. He made us, please stop. Please, I'm not ready to die." He sobbed but I couldn't' care.

I'd been betrayed countless times by now, by my mates, boyfriend, family and friends, but this hurt more than all of them combined.

I couldn't breathe as I sat on the dirty, slightly wet ground of the disgusting dungeon. I couldn't hear let alone process the words the stars used to plead with me for their lives.

All I could hear, see, taste, smell and feel was pain. I was all consumed by the crushing reality of my fucked up life.

As my vision faded, as the pain took me I felt myself slump onto the ground, tears building in my eyes, screams in my through, pain consuming my body like I'd never experienced before. Bile rose up my throat but before I could let any of it out the higher powers finally gave me a moment, a small break from everything fucked up in my life and I faded into unconsciousness.

The empty nothing, but this time, somehow even that couldn't help my pain as I felt myself breaking and falling apart.

I wasn't sure if I could come back from this one. I wasn't even sure I wanted to.

Suddenly my vision flashed once again but instead of being brought back to reality I was thrown into yet another vision.

I found myself in a quaint little cafe, Aqua sitting opposite me, pouring vodka and Bailey's into a cup with a shot of espresso.

"Here, try this." She said, handing me the glass. I noticed the waitress eyeing us in annoyance, there definitely wasn't any alcohol allowed in this place, but she clearly cared very little about this job and let it go.